ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

'Dark Knight Rises' shooting: Three heroes died in Aurora

<< < (4/5) > >>

daddydave:
Not to take away from the personal and noble sacrifices made by Jon Blunk, Matt McQuinn and Alex Teves...but I'd prefer to think we could use less people like James Holmes
-40hz (July 24, 2012, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

This confused me for a minute. James Holmes being the crazy shooter, of course we need fewer of those. So no contradiction at all, the world needs more people like the three heroes, and fewer crazy shooting people. So I guess that is the same as what you are saying. I think the use of the word "preference" confused me, as if it were either/or.

Josh:
Not to take away anything from what happened, or the trauma this guy encountered, but a survivor is suing the shooter's doctor, the movie theater, and warner brothers. Warner is being sued for "dramatizing violence".

http://www.businessinsider.com/first-lawsuit-over-dark-knight-rises-shooting-2012-7

jgpaiva:
Warner is being sued for "dramatizing violence".
-Josh (July 24, 2012, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
So, he was watching the movie (I suppose not against his will but because he liked it) and now he's suing warner? Isn't that a bit hypocritical of him?
Also, I don't want TSA to be at the door of every single room with more than 20 people I enter. This can only end badly.

40hz:
I think the sentiment is related to the strength of character it takes to be ready to do something like that.  What greater love is it for fellow man than to be willing to lay down one's life in defense of another?
-wraith808 (July 24, 2012, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Understood and agree 100%. That's exactly how I took it. My point was more along the lines of why does somebody decent always end up dying or getting hurt because of people like gunman J. Holmes.

Not to take away from the personal and noble sacrifices made by Jon Blunk, Matt McQuinn and Alex Teves...but I'd prefer to think we could use less people like James Holmes
-40hz (July 24, 2012, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

This confused me for a minute. James Holmes being the crazy shooter, of course we need fewer of those. So no contradiction at all, the world needs more people like the three heroes, and fewer crazy shooting people. So I guess that is the same as what you are saying. I think the use of the word "preference" confused me, as if it were either/or.
-daddydave (July 24, 2012, 10:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just a minute? I usually confuse people for several long minutes when I say something. Must be losing my touch. ;)

40hz:
Not to take away anything from what happened, or the trauma this guy encountered, but a survivor is suing the shooter's doctor, the movie theater, and warner brothers. Warner is being sued for "dramatizing violence".

http://www.businessinsider.com/first-lawsuit-over-dark-knight-rises-shooting-2012-7
-Josh (July 24, 2012, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Check the atty's homepage. Are we surprised?

Funny how it wasn't a victim's family - but rather a victim's theater companion - who was the first to sue somebody.

Like Henley and the Eagles said in their song Get Over It:

You say you haven't been the same since you had your little crash
But you might feel better if they gave you some cash
The more I think about it, Old Billy was right
Let's kill all the lawyers, kill 'em tonight

America. Gotta love it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version