ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HFS ~ HTTP File Server

(1/1)

Arizona Hot:
If you have some files you would like a group of people to download and you don't want to go to a lot of trouble or expense in setting up a web site; there is a program you can use that is easy to set up, open source, doesn't need to be installed and can be run on your own personal computer: HFS ~ HTTP File Server with online Documentation (English) and a secure connection add-on (HFS Secure your server). The screenshots below are (#1 The introduction page of their site, (#2 the menu you would see in the test site I set up, (#3 the site I set up after I tested it.  Other people access the files by going to the address listed at the top of  the site page(the highlighted address after "Open in browser"). Let me know if you already know about this program or have experience with it.

HFS ~ HTTP File Server
HFS ~ HTTP File Server

Target:
This is a very handy tool - I used it for a while to distribute a handful of files at work but had to find an alternative because McCafee (our corporate AV solution) seemed to (randomly) take exception to it and would delete the executable without warning.  YMMV, but worth a mention

ewemoa:
HFS is indeed nice  :up:

The fact that it can do uploads is quite handy.

IIRC, the beta version (available via the forums) is recommended by the developer -- I don't have a reference for that though...

The developer has shown up a few times here too :)

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=5811.msg40807#msg40807

(I used to also have it working under Wine, but for some reason hadn't had much luck with this lately.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version