ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PowerPwn: Power strip by day, Hacking device by night!

<< < (5/5)

Renegade:
Ok... that's just evil.  ;D
-wraith808 (January 21, 2013, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think Cthulhu would be proud! :D Don't you? ;)

SeraphimLabs:
Sysadmins! Welcome to HELL~! :P ;D
-Renegade (January 21, 2013, 12:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

And corporate wonders why I've requested the worker's handbook be amended to say that anyone who connects hardware not approved by the IT department to the company network should receive disciplinary action.

Cause all it takes is one bad apple, and your entire network gets pwnt.

Of course the brass doesn't care about that, after all its my job to keep it alive no matter what. Just, they certainly don't put any effort into making my job easier.

40hz:
Sysadmins! Welcome to HELL~! :P ;D
-Renegade (January 21, 2013, 12:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

What do you mean "welcome"???

We've been paying on our overpriced condos in Hades for the last 25 years. We're in an old well-established neighborhood down here.
 ;) ;D

Stoic Joker:
Of course the brass doesn't care about that, after all its my job to keep it alive no matter what. Just, they certainly don't put any effort into making my job easier.-SeraphimLabs (January 21, 2013, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Around here the brass are the ones most likely to plug in some dumb shit and take the network down. Like the day 'Our Leader X' decided to plug a dangling cable into the switch (and. not. tell. anybody...) because they couldn't figure out why it wasn't/didn't "appear to Go anywhere"...(as it's such a bitch to trace a 3' cable, to find out it was already plugged into self same switch)... That shit cost me an hour trying to figure out why half the network had gone black.

I seriously considered strangling then with said cable when the issue was found.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version