ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

About the Basement (Soap Box) Section

<< < (2/5) > >>

Renegade:
I'm also playing with renaming it from Soap Box, which sounds like it is practically begging people to get up on their box and scream, to the Basement, which does a bit more to convey the unusual nature of the area.
-mouser (July 21, 2012, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Basement is cute! But how about "The Dungeon"? ;D :P

mouser:
Sounds like it would be too easy to get lost in a dungeon..
Remember we don't want people to get lost down there -- the whole point is to keep us all together as part of a shared experience and to avoid becoming segmented into insular groups.  :-*

Renegade:
Sounds like it would be too easy to get lost in a dungeon..
remember we don't want you guys to get lost down there -- the whole point is to keep us all together as part of a shared experience.  :-*
-mouser (July 21, 2012, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was just being silly. But really, "Basement" is cute~! :)

TaoPhoenix:

Hmm. I'm mostly okay with avoiding religion, but "politics" is becoming harder to avoid, because it's starting to cross over into requiring the educational services of techies (which is what you are) or techie-wannabes (me!) to form the coalitions necessary to stop the rabid new Big Brother pushes. Some of the best posts I've yet seen on these topics are here, starting to edge out Slashdot, my prior go-to zone.

40hz:
I had something similar to Basement on a BBS I used administer. It was called "Outside" -  as in "Hey people! You wanna take it outside."
 ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version