ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Sending Filename to ShareX

<< < (2/2)

Phantomwalker:
Sorry for spamming my own topic. :D But it looks like it's using a short 8.3 filename on the command line for this. Not entirely sure which program is to blame atm. Anyone know a way to make it use the full name of the file? (Example: "%file%" vs %file% there appears to be no difference from what I see.)

Or is this more a ShareX problem and I should take it up with their people?

Thanks!

mouser:
That's a good question regarding short version of file name being sent.. I have a feeling it's Screenshot Captor's doing.. but let me look into it and add an option to not do that if it is.

Phantomwalker:
Sweet.  :beerchug: Thank you! :)

Phantomwalker:
So I noticed that the "Send to.." menu in windows works fabulous and ShareX uploads the file to my server without mangling the name. So I'm guessing you're correct on the short name issue happening on SSCs end.

For the time being I've disabled the Upload with Uploader tool check box in the Post-Capture Options section of the Options dialog. For the time being I just use Keep image and then make any edits if I want. If I don't I just right click it in the explorer sidebar and do a "Send to..." and pick ShareX. With that disabled though it appears the ShareX image uploader tool in the red toolbox button doesn't work... (Which is why I have been using the Send To method.)

Anyway thought I'd report back with those couple of tidbits that I found.

Thanks,

-Phantomwalker

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version