ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Sending Filename to ShareX

(1/2) > >>

Phantomwalker:
Hey guys...
I was curious if anyone used Screenshot Captor with ShareX and has found a way to make ShareX use the filename that you give the file in SC. The behavior I'm seeing is I press Print Screen. I get the dialog asking what I want to do with the output. I select the Upload image file with uploader tool option from the Send To... drop down menu. I get a balloon with the name of my screenshot looking how I want it. And then ShareX uploads a file named scree~#.png to my webserver. :-\ I tried setting ShareX to the same string setup as Screen Captor as well as changing the %shortfile% to %file% and then again to a full path in the options file hoping something along those lines would help.

Anyone have some thoughts for how I can make ShareX use the filename I give the screenshot in Screenshot Captor?

Thanks!

Phantomwalker:
I forgot to mention I'm using the FTP upload method.

Thanks!

Phantomwalker:
Actually with a full path I just got this one: sc2d13~.png  :mad: Not sure where or why it's coming up with these names. Does ShareX have a file name length limit I'm hitting maybe?  :huh:

Phantomwalker:
HMMMMMMmmmmm...

2012-07-20 15:04:22.951 - CommandLine: "C:\Program Files\ShareX\ShareX.exe" c:\screen~1\screen~1\sc2d13~1.png -nohotkeys

Interesting.

Phantomwalker:
With or without quotes in the ShareX.sctool file. It's like it's completely ignoring the settings in there. :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version