ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 14.01

<< < (4/6) > >>

40hz:
FF is the internationally accepted abbreviation for Final Fantasy.
-Tuxman (July 22, 2012, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Over here it's also the generally accepted abbreviation for "fast forward." As well as for: "form feed"; "folios"; "fortissimo"; "fan fiction"; "fun facts" and "the following (lines/pages/etc.)"  On Twitter #FF is the hashtag for "followfriday."

Perhaps instead of "universally" it would be more correct to say "among gamers and some in the computer community"? ;)
 :)

Tuxman:
People outside the computer "community" won't abbreviate Firefox.

MilesAhead:
The HTTPS Everywhere looks interesting. Are there really 3rd parties sniffing everything you do such as using search engines? I guess I have to read more about why using it is a good idea. If a site is sending stats to some advertiser I don't know if this does any good. But that's because I haven't read up on it yet. :)

MilesAhead:
People outside the computer "community" won't abbreviate Firefox.
-Tuxman (July 22, 2012, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've never seen it abbreviated as Fx until this thread. But then I don't remember the last time I logged onto my Mozilla account.  Browser forums tend to be too dogmatic for me.

I think I'm still considered a son of Beelzebub because I pointed out on the Opera browser forum that clicking the mouse 3 or 4 times in rapid succession to copy some text to clipboard promoted CTS. Don't try to fix it. Just lambaste the messenger.  But anyway... I guess anyone who is typing in a browser and posting on a board is part of the "computer community" and I sure see a lot of FF out there referring to FF, er, I mean, Firefox.

Josh:
I've heard of the "Fx" abbreviation only ONCE before this thread. Every person I talk to on IRC, web forums, in person, etc. refer to firefox as either firefox or FF. Mozilla can call it what they want, but the true abbreviation is what the masses use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version