Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 31, 2014, 03:23:04 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Need Critique On This Image  (Read 3943 times)
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 19, 2012, 12:16:11 PM »

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »

Seems a little bleak (dark/somber colors) for a green statement. Kind of a press this button to end the world feeling.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »

I can't understand what this is for, the only thing that occurs is what SJ said: press button to end world.
However, I feel the button should not have that oval thing, it should be a rectangle. I've never seen it with that oval shape and it feels strange. examples

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 12:47:38 PM »

I can't understand what this is for, the only thing that occurs is what SJ said: press button to end world.
However, I feel the button should not have that oval thing, it should be a rectangle. I've never seen it with that oval shape and it feels strange. examples

The image has nothing to do with the 'Green' statement cheesy Although, I do see how you would get this idea.

It's just a random image I made in Photoshop lol

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
vlastimil
Honorary Member

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 12:48:53 PM »

I can barely recognize a turn-off sign, a tree and a cloudy sky. Since I do not know the purpose of the image, this may be perfectly fine. But if clarity is required, I believe it would be better if the individual elements would be more distinct. Maybe using the classic vertical line instead of an ellipse on the top part of the turn-off sign would work better. Another option would be to remove the clouds and replace the tree with a simplified illustration and to use plain blue color on the background.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 02:33:58 PM »

Kind of a press this button to end the world feeling.
agreed  Thmbsup
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 02:39:54 PM »

It is very "Hellish". It reminds me of the Venom album cover for "Possessed".

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 04:05:57 PM »

ok, taking some of this into play, I decided to twist the image a little bit...

40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 05:22:39 PM »

With all due respect,  the above version kinda looks like a front loading washer full of dirty clothes.  smiley

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 05:27:35 PM »

With all due respect,  the above version kinda looks like a front loading washer full of dirty clothes.  smiley

LOL, thats pretty much exactly what my mrs said! haha!

On that note...

Version 74289752:

Starting to look somewhat like a pocket watch now o_0

I have no idea where I will end up going with this, but the comments are helping me focus cheesy

40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »

Is this for anything or are you just design jamming?

superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 05:46:03 PM »

I think it looks great!  A mix of nature and fantasy art.

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »

Is this for anything or are you just design jamming?

Jamming cheesy

I think it looks great!  A mix of nature and fantasy art.

Thanks!

I just noticed a slight error with the image, on the top "Notch" where its made the sides go squiffy when I rotated it...Ill fix that (Before anybody points it out xD)

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »

I feel like something more interesting can be happening in that relatively blank upper-right corner.

My other comment is that there is a lot of texture going on in a small amount of space.  Perhaps it would be better to fine-tune the texture so the main essence of it is immediately felt with less texture.

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 06:04:32 PM »

I think I am going to remove the tree (Disable those layers) and see where it takes me smiley

I feel like something more interesting can be happening in that relatively blank upper-right corner. (

I agree there is a whole lot going on, so I shall attempt to tone parts of it down.  Also, I shall see what comes to life in that corner cheesy

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 07:10:50 PM »

too busy now, too many blue waves. put back the tree and make it greener.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 07:22:43 PM »

That eye will surely give me nightmares tongue
Also, what's that thing on the top, and why is it not chrome like the rest of the [pocketwatch?] ?
And I preferred when everything was contained inside the center, it looked more contained and seemed like we were looking through a glass at something. I'm not a fan of those while lines (also, they seem to symmetrical on the bottom).

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »

40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »

Take the easy way out. Add a naked woman. Instant art! Grin

PS - the above one looks really interesting. Looks like some wizards storm amulet. Thmbsup Thmbsup

Print out the image, drop a rounded glass semi-orb over it, get some nice jewelry made for the silver part... Could be a hit at some of those New Age festivals and 'occult' book shops. Especially if you write a little story/spell book to go with it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:13:38 PM by 40hz » Logged

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 02:28:46 PM »

Take the easy way out. Add a naked woman. Instant art! Grin

PS - the above one looks really interesting. Looks like some wizards storm amulet. Thmbsup Thmbsup

Print out the image, drop a rounded glass semi-orb over it, get some nice jewelry made for the silver part... Could be a hit at some of those New Age festivals and 'occult' book shops. Especially if you write a little story/spell book to go with it.

I think your along the right lines of where I am going with this.  I think this is going to be the first in the 'series' of some random "Magic" items.  I'm thinking they could be interesting for game images or something...not entirely sure, didn't intend to go as far as I did with it, but I keep opening Photoshop and doing more haha

40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 02:54:19 PM »

didn't intend to go as far as I did with it, but I keep opening Photoshop and doing more haha

Aha! Filter Addiction! Cry

--------------------------------

<Spring day. Medical building. Focus on upper window and dolly-in on lovely dark-haired woman approaching glass. She smiles as she looks lovingly out from window as camera pans across a scenic gardenscape to find a man with a laptop sitting alone beneath a cherry tree in full bloom. Dolly-in on man. He's playing Angry Birds.>

(voiceover)

It wasn't always this way...

Life used to be an endless heartache for people like Stephen66515.

<Slow cut back to woman.>

But now...thanks to your generous dollars...there's hope for him and over 20 million other people suffering with an untreated Photoshop jones!

<Faces camera full on with a look of mingled pleading, innocent sexuality, and accusation in her spectacular pale green eyes as she speaks directly to the camera.>

Won't you help us end this suffering?

<Cue smarmy 'inspirational' chord passage and fade out.>
 Wink
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:11:21 PM by 40hz » Logged

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 03:24:29 PM »

Grin
That was beautiful, man.

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »

didn't intend to go as far as I did with it, but I keep opening Photoshop and doing more haha

But now...thanks to your generous dollars...there's hope for him and over 20 million other people suffering with an untreated Photoshop --->jones!<---

Thats mah Surname!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.05s | Server load: 0.01 ]