ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

What's wrong with this FARR picture?

(1/2) > >>

daddydave:

tomos:
(see attachment in previous post)
-daddydave (July 18, 2012, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

it's overly helpful?
(I only get 6 results)

mouser:
i give up, what?

it's overly helpful?
--- End quote ---
ha!

daddydave:
(see attachment in previous post)
-daddydave (July 18, 2012, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

it's overly helpful?
(I only get 6 results)
-tomos (July 18, 2012, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly! I got tired of seeing READ-ONLY and moved ALL the core aliases and icons to the MyCustom folder. Not being able to edit those seemed like having a web browser preloaded with 200 bookmarks that I couldn't modify, and I didn't want to work around it anymore.

For the Listfarr and Helpfarr ones, I hesitated, because those really do seem "core." But I didn't hesitate much. ;)

mouser:
Exactly! I got tired of seeing READ-ONLY and moved ALL the core aliases and icons to the MyCustom folder. Not being able to edit those seemed like having a web browser preloaded with 200 bookmarks that I couldn't modify, and I didn't want to work around it anymore.
--- End quote ---

The only thing you have to worry about is that the readonly built-in aliases are overwritten when the program updates.  So just remember that if you replace the built-in aliases, make sure you dont rely on having to modify the built in alias files -- instead disable the files that you want to replace.

(or of course you can always use FARR portably and not overwrite the alias files).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version