ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

People Who Are Constantly Online Can Develop Mental Disorders

(1/1)

Renegade:
This is just hilarious~!

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/07/17/study-people-who-are-constantly-online-can-develop-mental-disorders/

Researchers at the University of Gothenburg  recently studied more than 4,100 Swedish men and women between the ages of 20 and 24 for a year and found that a majority of them who constantly use a computer and mobile phones can develop stress, sleeping disorders and depression.

--- End quote ---

Get off your computer and back in front of the TV where you belong~! :P

For anyone that is a bit older and has a bit of time to reflect back, would you characterize yourself as mentally stable in your early 20's? :P Didn't think so... ;D

SeraphimLabs:
I think they're looking at it backwards.

People with pre-existing mental disorders naturally collect on the internet because in many cases the internet helps them be social in spite of their disorder.

Or the freedom the internet offers lets them run away from all the people they offend not realizing why because they haven't figure out the full extent of what their disability affects.

4wd:
People with pre-existing mental disorders naturally collect on the internet because in many cases the internet helps them be social in spite of their disorder.-SeraphimLabs (July 17, 2012, 11:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

No wonder I steer clear of FaceBook.....

Stoic Joker:
People with pre-existing mental disorders naturally collect on the internet because in many cases the internet helps them be social in spite of their disorder.-SeraphimLabs (July 17, 2012, 11:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

-4wd (July 17, 2012, 11:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1  :Thmbsup:

40hz:

--- End quote ---

-4wd (July 17, 2012, 11:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh yeah!

And also the people who frequent it excessively.  :'(

Here's why!

:tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version