Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 12:23:32 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Leap - touch control: makes Minority Report look prehistoric  (Read 1018 times)
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 17, 2012, 01:15:26 PM »

Have you seen Leap? It's insane. Get ready to forget about pathetic touchscreens and tablets - they are rubbish and already obsolete.

Check the video out: http://www.technologyrevi...chnology-since-the-smart/

Okay, maybe not quite Minority Report because we still need the holographic screens - but Leap's sensitivity is already more advanced.

Incredible.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 01:32:19 PM »

What the.... This is so incredible that I'm still having a hard time believing that it's not an April's fools joke!
I'm curious if turning this on its side so it's facing a desk would allow it to recognize writtings in a paper sheet.
Also, I'd love to know what's the technology behind it!

[edit]
re:technology: looks like it's infrared. So, it's basically a more precise Kinect with a shorter range (8cubic feet, roughly a cube with 6cm on each side).
seems cool smiley
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 01:40:59 PM by jgpaiva » Logged

Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 01:39:53 PM »

Very cool! I want 2! cheesy

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Rover
Master of Smilies
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:33:30 PM »

Thmbsup  Yes.  Want! Kiss

Insert Brilliant Sig line here
nite_monkey

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 05:59:35 PM »

Kiss Amazing! DO WANT!

[Insert really cool signature here]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.07 ]