ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a FREE pdf compressor tool

<< < (3/3)

hornet:
This discussion remainds me of trying to do the same to lotus files years ago (late 1980's).

There were a few shareware ad freeware programs that could do a reasonable job....  but when I found a program called "sqz!" I was able to get 95% reductions in file size!

.... which helped me immensely when emailing squeezed files using a dial up connection. 

SwissMatt:
Hello everyone!

I just discovered this post and I wanted to ask if you can have a look at our small online tool we recently developed.
It seems like there are very informed, active members in this forum and I wanted to ask if you can have a look at it and maybe give us some feedback.

Here is the link: Smallpdf.com - online pdf compression tool

I hope you like it and we appreciate any thoughts how we could improve the simple service.

Thanks! :)

Tinman57:
I didn't investigate if the site can batch-compress, but below is a screenshot of (on top) an original scanned to PDF receipt and check and (2) below that the same file after medium-compression at 65% quality using Neevia Tech PDF Online Compressor. Reduced file size from 584 Kb to 430 Kb, a 26% decrease in file-size.
 (see attachment in previous post) -kyrathaba (April 13, 2013, 07:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Gee, I hope this isn't someones real address and phone numbers on the checks.....  :o

nikk2:
Great info. I have lots of PDF files on my PC. I think it's time to cut my space.

Edvard:
There is a Windows version of Ghostscript: http://www.ghostscript.com/download/gsdnld.html
Use this at the command line, replacing "gs" with 'C://path/to/ghostscript/bin/gswin32c.exe' and your filenames where obvious:
gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dPDFSETTINGS=/screen -dNOPAUSE -dQUIET -dBATCH -sOutputFile=output.pdf input.pdf
--- End quote ---

OR... PdfTK
pdftk in-file.pdf output out-file.pdf compress
--- End quote ---

YMMV

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version