ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Pause/Break Key has never been able to invoke the FARR!?

(1/2) > >>

saurabhdua:
Hello Folks!

I have always been able to invoke the FARR only through Ctrl+Space. Entire Documentation, beginning from the "Introduction" of the FARR tells you to press "Pause/Break" key in order to activate the "Search Window" !?

Why doesn't it work in actual!? Hitting it twice didn't yield any result either!

Please help decipher this mystery!

mouser:
Pause/Break key is the only way to go -- I don't know how people settle for ctrl+space.

Now as to why it's not working for you, I'm not sure.. try creating a custom hotkey trigger in options and choose the Break/Pause(1) Break/Pause(3) or other alternatives.. maybe it's a non-standard keyboard issue.

Are you using a non-english keyboard?  What OS do you have?  Is it possible another application is blocking the key?

See what the bottom left of the custom hotkey configuration dialog in farr says regarding whether the hotkey is available.

One thing you might try is seeing if you can make the Ctrl+Break hotkey works -- if so that would be evidence that another program might be grabbing the normal break key..

Anyone else have any ideas?

ewemoa:
IIRC when I have something that's running with admin privileges (and it's focused), Pause/Break doesn't appear to bring up FARR though Control+Space (if configured) seems to -- this is with Windows 7 64-bit.

Update: This appears to be when FARR is running without admin privs.

ewemoa:
In a separate Windows 7 Professional 64-bit installation, this didn't happen.

This was a fresh OS installation as well as a fresh FARR installation.

May be an ownership / permission issue...?

Josh:
If I had a pause/break key, I would try and verify this. Perhaps the default hotkey should change as this is not the first laptop (dell or otherwise) that does not have the pause/break key. Just sayin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version