Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 21, 2014, 11:50:16 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: What's a good discussion forum for movie buffs?  (Read 2244 times)
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 16, 2012, 11:07:52 AM »

Do any of you know a popular and large movie buff forum?  Somewhere where I can ask:
"What are some of the best swordfighting scenes you've seen?"

and I'll get dozens of responses from all sorts of films?

Thanks.  I did a google seach, but didn't easily find forums that were very active.  Thanks.'

I was thinking of a screenwriter's forum, but I think I prefer a regular movie buff forum.  Screenwriters tend to be a little too contrariany for me.  But I'm interested in good screenwriter forums also.

Shades

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:48:33 PM »

With regards to your movie question, the sword fight I remember best is the one I saw in the movie Stardust...where the clashing of swords is in the rhythm of the background music.

Just so you know...  smiley
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 06:13:52 PM »

http://www.moviemistakes.com/

Strength in Knowledge
40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »

JoBlo's forum (http://www.joblo.com/forums/ ) used to be pretty active although it may not have the depth you're looking for.

I suppose you could always start one. Best way to get it rolling might be to team up with a few movie sites that prefer to stick to news and clips and don't want to run their own forum. Be forewarned, there's a lot of posturing and nonsense that tends to go on wherever film gets discussed. Probably why some of the most logical sites to have a forum elected not to do one.

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
superboyac
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 07:32:33 PM »

JoBlo's forum (http://www.joblo.com/forums/ ) used to be pretty active although it may not have the depth you're looking for.

I suppose you could always start one. Best way to get it rolling might be to team up with a few movie sites that prefer to stick to news and clips and don't want to run their own forum. Be forewarned, there's a lot of posturing and nonsense that tends to go on wherever film gets discussed. Probably why some of the most logical sites to have a forum elected not to do one.
Thanks, I'll check it out.  What is it about movies?  It really seems to bring out the contrarian in people.  I'm the guiltiest! 

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »

With regards to your movie question, the sword fight I remember best is the one I saw in the movie Stardust...where the clashing of swords is in the rhythm of the background music.

Just so you know...  smiley
I'll be sure to check it out.  This is exactly the kind of help I like.  The educational part for me is not if it's good or bad according to whoever, but the fact that it stuck in your memory.  That by itself is significant.

Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 03:25:07 AM »

IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes both have comments... not sure if that's quite what you're looking for though.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
bottomsupproductions
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 02:01:53 AM »

We at Bottoms Up! are movie buffs. Check out our homage we paid to director Martin Scorsese!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shCfUvNlzn8

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.033s | Server load: 0.05 ]