ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

idea: outliner with folding text & picture/icone/image support (org was editors)

<< < (2/5) > >>

Tuxman:
Sublime Text 2 (free to try, nag screens when saving files) allows text folding by simple indentations.  :Thmbsup:

AbteriX:
Hi gtrur3476433, welcome! (How should we call you?)

You can use e.g. EmEditor for such tasks too:

idea: outliner with folding text & picture/icone/image support (org was editors)

This is EmEditor with his Outline plugin, using dashes as folding markers.

mwb1100:
Starting in version 18.10, UltraEdit also supports folding by indent level:

This release includes native support for code folding in Python files based on indentation level. For other languages, you can enable indent-based code folding by adding the "EnableCFByIndent" keyword to the top of the appropriate wordfile.
-http://www.ultraedit.com/products/ultraedit/new_feature_tour/1.html
--- End quote ---

I haven't used the feature so I'm not sure how well it works, but it seems like it should work for text-based outlines. Having to edit a 'wordfile' to enable the feature for a particular filetype isn't super friendly, but you should only have to do that once.

gtrur3476433:
Target,Stephen66515,MilesAhead,flamerz,Tuxman,mwb1100,AbteriX thank you all..

I should redefine my needs as,
text folding (primarily),
font size change (even just globally (like notepad.exe)), and past in jpg,png,bmp (perhaps icons) for reference would
both make good secondary features.
(being able to specify picture/icon placeholder size would be a great additional feature)

AbteriX, using my own post to show what I describe was clever and brilliant.
(almost smart ***, imaging my face when I saw it ;> ..I loved it!

The editors I viewed seem to have more features than what I describe above, so I'll need to learn how to learn just the features above, among many options.

So far it would appear that both notepad++ and EmEditor both do text folding. If any know of an editor that is lighter and/or focuses on text folding and features above then posters can still holler.

as of now I have no need of folding of code(s),.. But one day I would like to learn how to make firefox addons.

@ AbteriX
"This is EmEditor with his Outline plugin, using dashes as folding markers."

sounds like I'll need to find, download&install an Outline plugin you are refering to here.
I hope EmEditor has the link/url in it's overhead menues.
I have yet to install it on 3rd machine,..

Tuxman:
I should redefine my needs as,
text folding (primarily), -gtrur3476433 (July 16, 2012, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sublime Text 2.

font size change (even just globally (like notepad.exe))-gtrur3476433 (July 16, 2012, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sublime Text 2. (Only globally and per-file, not by paragraph.)

and past in jpg,png,bmp (perhaps icons) for reference-gtrur3476433 (July 16, 2012, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
This is not related to text editors, is it?

BTW:

If any know of an editor that is lighter and/or focuses on text folding and features above then posters can still holler.-gtrur3476433 (July 16, 2012, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm pretty sure Vim can do simple text folding too. I just think it's not made for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version