ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: A shortcut/hotkey to switch between audio devices?

<< < (5/9) > >>

Carol Haynes:
where do I get them? I'm not sure what you mean by the names.
-moerl (April 12, 2006, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

When you open the normal window the names are the ones you select in the drop down menu. Actually they are listed in your original post LOL

The first letters are S (Senheiser) and R (Realtek) - the script above already has the right letters.

All you need to do is download and install autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/download/AutoHotkeyInstall.exe) save the script above via a text editor with .ahk as it's extension and then doubleclick the script file to toggle your sound card.

(I have attached the AHK script to this post in a zip file)

moerl:
i believe that once this topic is picked by one of our AHK pros, you'll have a decent app in your hands. ;)

in the meantime, you can create a shortcut as you normally do... right-click on desktop, choose New>Shortcut. then paste the command, type an appropriate name then drag the newly-created shortcut to the quicklaunch bar.
-lanux128 (April 12, 2006, 02:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
I thought it was that simple too.. but when I right-click the desktop and choose NEW SHORTCUT the window that appears asks me for the file's location to which I want to create a shortcut. I can't just drop the code in that line :/

Carol Haynes:
Another way to create a shortcut is to right click on the target file and choose Send to ... >Desktop (Create Shortcut)

moerl:
where do I get them? I'm not sure what you mean by the names.
-moerl (April 12, 2006, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

When you open the normal window the names are the ones you select in the drop down menu. Actually they are listed in your original post LOL

The first letters are S (Senheiser) and R (Realtek) - the script above already has the right letters.

All you need to do is download and install autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/download/AutoHotkeyInstall.exe) save the script above via a text editor with .ahk as it's extension and then doubleclick the script file to toggle your sound card.

(I have attached the AHK script to this post in a zip file)
-Carol Haynes (April 12, 2006, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Exactly! That's why I was confused by jgpaiva's request, because I thought he meant something else still. I intentially took the screenshot with the whole dropdown list showing for the exact reason to show you all the names of the devices. Thanks for clearing that up :). While reading your post, I realized I wouldn't know which script to pick from above, so I'm doubly thankful that you attached it as a ZIP. Thanks :)

Another way to create a shortcut is to right click on the target file and choose Send to ... >Desktop (Create Shortcut)
-Carol Haynes (April 12, 2006, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Right.. what file would that be? A new text file with the information pasted in it? Would it remain a text file or would I have to change the extension to something else? I'll check out AHK now so this is not too important.

moerl:
I saw SmartGUI Creator on the AHK download page. That sounds intriguing :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version