ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: A shortcut/hotkey to switch between audio devices?

<< < (2/9) > >>

lanux128:
i believe that once this topic is picked by one of our AHK pros, you'll have a decent app in your hands. ;)

in the meantime, you can create a shortcut as you normally do... right-click on desktop, choose New>Shortcut. then paste the command, type an appropriate name then drag the newly-created shortcut to the quicklaunch bar.

jgpaiva:
Great work lanux!
This can be easily done, if the window is opened as "hidden". But i don't know how to see which item is selected in that combobox, so, you'd always have to tell the script which device to activate, every time you ran it, and you'd have to pre-configure it to tell it how many items the combobx has. Nevertheless, it can be done.
But i think skrommel knows how to get the names in the combobox, and will come up with a great solution ;)

Carol Haynes:

e.g. this command below opens the Audio tab in your Multimedia Devices applet.

--- ---RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,2
-lanux128 (April 12, 2006, 01:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great start ...

Once the window is open you can use ALT D to make sure the device field is highlighted.

If the device names start with different letters just press the first letter to select the device and press return to close the window.

An AHK script to do this would be:

--- ---Run, RunDll32.exe shell32.dll`,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl`,`,2
Sleep, 1000
send, {alt down}d{alt up}m{enter}
where m (in the last line) is the first letter of your device name.

If you make two scripts, one for each device you can just double click the correct device when you need to swap.

You may need to fiddle with the sleep delay too on your system depending on how quickly the window opens.

jgpaiva:
Common development.. Nice.

my 0,02$:

--- ---Run, RunDll32.exe shell32.dll`,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl`,`,2
WinWait,ahk_class #32770
send, {alt down}d{alt up}m{enter}This code should work a little better, since it waits for the window to appear.

Carol Haynes:
Thanks - trouble with AHK is that there are just too many damn options for everything!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version