Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 20, 2014, 09:25:19 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Best android security app (Remote-Wipe, screenshot, etc)  (Read 2352 times)
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 15, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »

I am looking for a good security application for my android phones. I want the ability to remotely activate GPS, hide the GPS notification icon when tracking, remote capture screenshots and video, view SMS history and remotely wipe the device.

I am currently trying cerebus but am looking for other solutions before I purchase something like this.

Any ideas?
Josh

Strength in Knowledge
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 07:51:00 AM »

I don't have a suggestion for you but am interested in what turns up as I recently learned that a factory reset of a device doesn't necessarily remove all data that has gotten on to a phone since its departure from the factory.

As I understand it, there is something called "factory format" (at least on some devices) which seems to do a more thorough job compared to factory reset.  I haven't yet come across a way to perform this apart from a code entered via the dialer (though presumably it is possible programmatically) -- more at:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=932919

Sorry for the digression smiley
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 08:02:38 AM »

ewemoa, I am looking at cerebus right now. You can find info about it here: https://play.google.com/s...s?id=com.lsdroid.cerberus

Strength in Knowledge
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:11:37 PM »

I haven't managed to find out anything relevant concerning the wipe option but came across the following discussion at xda-developers:

Lost Phone Apps: Cerberus vs. others

Among other things, there was mention of another app named AndroidLost, with a link to a review:

[Mobile Security App Shootout] Android Lost (Beta): Sophisticated Security Options For The Budget-Conscious Android User
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 04:18:23 PM »

ewemoa et. al, I am looking at avast! mobile security.

This appears to be a fairly comprehensive security and antivirus/firewall solution. The security piece can be remotely controlled via sms messages and the a/v is non-intrusive and uses very little in terms of running system resources.

Strength in Knowledge
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.08 ]