ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Ad Muncher - half off

<< < (2/6) > >>

Midnight Rambler:
I never got around to using it, any experiences with it these days on recent windows version?
-Jibz (July 14, 2012, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

It not working is the exception rather than the rule.  For instance, it still doesn't filter encrypted (https) sites, there's a particular ad on my excite.com portal that it can't handle, and a very few scattered others.  Configuring "My Filters" for non-browser applications is a bit tricky but author always seemed committed to help in all support issues I've raised.

Cloq:
I never got around to using it, any experiences with it these days on recent windows version?
-Jibz (July 14, 2012, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

W7 x64, FF and IE, Ad Muncher works well.  :Thmbsup:

J-Mac:
I've used it for more than a year now and am very satisfied with it. As the Rambler said, it is not without the occasional fault but for the most part it works very well. Not only in Firefox but all browsers I have installed (IE9, Chrome, and Opera), as well as FeedDemon and other apps that use the IE browser internally.

The latest version has a new feature that kinda sucks - no more context menu item for Ad Muncher but instead a drop-down toolbar that does not have all the same functionality that the menu had. I don’t like it much but they say it will improve. The reason for it is that the constant browser updates (read: Chrome and Firefox) tended to break many extensions, requiring a lot of upkeep. This toolbar overcomes that problem according to the developer. Makes sense as long as they can make the damn thing at least as functional as the context menu was.

BTW, I purchased AM as a Pro license - I believe on Bits - and soon thereafter upgraded it to a lifetime license. That should speak somewhat to my confidence in it.   :Thmbsup:

Thanks!

Jim

Jibz:
Thanks for the feedback, I've installed it and disabled my adblock extention, will see how it works out :Thmbsup:.

Tuxman:
I can't see a reason to prefer this to decent Adblock browser extensions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version