ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Be Part of the First DonationCoder.com Team Podcast Radio Show Contest!

(1/5) > >>

mouser:
Ok this is going to be fun  8)

I want to organize the first (of many!) DonationCoder.com podcast audio radio show.
And I want you guys to be the radio personalities!

Here's how we will do it:

The full show will last about 20 minutes.

The full show will be assembled from segments, each lasting from 2-7 minutes each i think (a little longer or shorter is fine).
We will edit it and add in some connective stuff between segments.

So we need some of you guys and gals to think up some software or computer related subjects and record 4-6 minutes worth of a story and submit it.

I will post a follow up with some resources, and i encourage you to plan our and practice your segment to get it good.

Audio format doesn't really matter - we will edit it and assemble it all here, and then make it available for all.

This is your chance to be part of history - be part of the first of many DonationCoder.com radio show podcasts.

Be creative, be funny, be entertaining, be different.  Try to capture the DonationCoder.com spirit.

Do a software review, or rant and rave about technology, or do a fictional play about cody, etc. or maybe do an interview will bill gates.  or just pick a freeware/donationware author you are interested in (not me!), send them an email and do a phone interview.

make us laugh, make us cry, just keep it interesting.

ideally we will find some monthly regular personalities, but for now i invite everyone to enter a segment.

Prizes:
ok we have to have some prizes for this, but i'm not sure what they would be.  maybe some custom DonationCoder.com mugs or some audio software or microphone hardware if you become a regular on the podcast.

Carol Haynes:
Ye Gods - are we going to hear a Mouser (mewww) - you ain't going to hear a Carol, that's for sure ;)

mouser:
some resources:

http://www.thislife.org/pages/trax/comic/nuzum.html - from this american life, one of the greatest american radio shows ever made.  read this!

http://www.transom.org/tools/basics/200501.shoutout.kdavis.html - kids guide to doing a radio story

Ampa:
* Ampa puts on thinking cap.
This is a great idea (I think) - would love to contribute wither in terms of content OR mixing / editing etc.

Ampa

jgpaiva:
do a fictional play about cody
-mouser (April 10, 2006, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
AhAhAh! there's a fun idea! I'd love to see such play! (maybe cody's evil brother could be in it? ;) )

Great idea, mouser, let's see how it goes :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version