ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Internet freedoms restrained - SOPA/PIPA/OPEN/ACTA/CETA/PrECISE-related updates

<< < (57/79) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Hmm, I thought that I posted a link to CISPA passing the US House, but now I can't find it.

Tinman57:
Hmm, I thought that I posted a link to CISPA passing the US House, but now I can't find it.
-TaoPhoenix (April 18, 2013, 07:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Let me FTFY...

[ If Obooboo don't veto this, we're all in for a super-snooping government,
with the likes of Facebook, Google, IBM, and any large data-mining
corporation helping them without any legal recourse.  Yes comrade, you do
live in an Orwellian world.....]

CISPA passes U.S. House: Death of the Fourth Amendment?
The controversial cybersecurity bill has passed the U.S. House and is now on
its way to the Senate chamber. Privacy groups believe this tramples on the
Fourth Amendment.
http://www.zdnet.com/cispa-passes-u-s-house-death-of-the-fourth-amendment-7000014205

Tinman57:

Just got this email from FightForTheFuture.org......

It’s time to get pissed. The U.S. law that would turn Google, Facebook, and Twitter into legally immune government spies just passed the House.

We expected CISPA to pass; that's why this spring, we’re going to organize the largest online privacy protest in history to make sure CISPA is gone for good.

And, in response to Rep. Mike Rogers' accusation that CISPA opponents are just "14 year-old tweeter(s) in the basement", we thought we'd also challenge Rep. Rogers to get on live national television and debate a 14 year-old in a basement on CISPA. The search for the 14 year-old begins. Are you or do you know a 14 year-old who could totally school a congressman on this issue? Please forward this email to them!

This bill affects everyone -- not just U.S. citizens. Anyone with a Facebook account could now have their data shipped directly to the U.S. government. That's why Internet users overwhelmingly oppose this bill. Over 1.5 million people signed petitions against it. But Congress didn’t listen.

Does this remind you of something? Yep, this is the exact position we were in with SOPA last year. Then the Internet rose up and we made history with the SOPA strike.

Join the largest online privacy protest in history to make sure CISPA goes the same route as SOPA and doesn’t become the law that breaks the 4th Amendment. Are you in?

CISPA threatens our most basic rights. Privacy is important not just for our security but for our rights to freedom of expression. The giant tech companies that stood with Internet users against SOPA are not going to help us this time (but some of the large sites like Mozilla, Imgur, and Reddit are all against CISPA and we love them).

Only a massive grassroots outcry will stop this bill. We’re starting to build the tools. But we need your help.

--- End quote ---

http://www.sitesnotspies.org

TaoPhoenix:
And, in response to Rep. Mike Rogers' accusation that CISPA opponents are just "14 year-old tweeter(s) in the basement", we thought we'd also challenge Rep. Rogers to get on live national television and debate a 14 year-old in a basement on CISPA. The search for the 14 year-old begins. Are you or do you know a 14 year-old who could totally school a congressman on this issue? Please forward this email to them!
-Tinman57 (April 19, 2013, 07:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

This part is epic!

Tinman57:
-Tinman57 (April 19, 2013, 07:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

This part is epic! -TaoPhoenix (April 20, 2013, 12:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Especially since there's a whole bunch of 14 year old nerds out there that could clean his clock...   8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version