ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Internet freedoms restrained - SOPA/PIPA/OPEN/ACTA/CETA/PrECISE-related updates

<< < (28/79) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
We're back to this thread. I don't even know the name of the item yet!  :o

http://www.securityweek.com/showdown-set-bid-give-un-control-internet

Showdown Set on Bid to Give UN Control of Internet

"WASHINGTON - It is expected to be the mother of all cyber diplomatic battles.

When delegates gather in Dubai in December for an obscure UN agency meeting, fighting is expected to be intense over proposals to rewrite global telecom rules to effectively give the United Nations control over the Internet.

Russia, China and other countries back a move to place the Internet under the authority of the International Telecommunications Union, a UN agency that sets technical standards for global phone calls. "

-----

Backed by Russia and China hmm? Lovely.

Renegade:
We're back to this thread. I don't even know the name of the item yet!  :o

http://www.securityweek.com/showdown-set-bid-give-un-control-internet

Showdown Set on Bid to Give UN Control of Internet

"WASHINGTON - It is expected to be the mother of all cyber diplomatic battles.

When delegates gather in Dubai in December for an obscure UN agency meeting, fighting is expected to be intense over proposals to rewrite global telecom rules to effectively give the United Nations control over the Internet.

Russia, China and other countries back a move to place the Internet under the authority of the International Telecommunications Union, a UN agency that sets technical standards for global phone calls. "

-----

Backed by Russia and China hmm? Lovely.

-TaoPhoenix (October 29, 2012, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

From the article:

Mueller said the ITU "already recognizes the sovereign right of nations to restrict communications into and out of the country."
--- End quote ---

And we're supposed to believe that? From mouths of the same criminals that want to pass worldwide gun control? Huh?

These people are DANGEROUS.

SeraphimLabs:
I think this one might go over rather well.

The ITU is the UN Equivalent of the FCC after all.

And as most Americans know, the FCC tends to do a really poor job of actually enforcing anything let alone maintaining the standards they defined.

Knowing that, there would initially be a round of arrests made to appease the RIAA and company, then people would stop caring and it wouldn't be enforced anymore.

Just like what happened to the FCC and censorship. They're so busy declaring the 80s and 90s Sesamee Street DVD releases PG13 that shows like Family Guy and even more tasteless content make it onto broadcast television. It's amazing how ineffective the regulations actually are.

TaoPhoenix:
You're funny Seraphim, but I see this as much more ominous than that. I'm just not good enough as a grade C prophet to figure out which rock we're leaving for which hard place. : (

Renegade:
The FCC is staffed with government bureaucrats...

The ITU/UN is staffed with bankster bureaucrats...

It's debatable which group manages to cause more damage.

On one hand, we have governments that mismanage economies and plunge people into deep poverty.

Than on the other hand we have the banksters that bought and paid for the governments...

Ah... yeah... The banksters win~! :P

My 110% "take it to the bank" guarantee about who will win the 2012 US Presidential Elections!Goldman Sachs~!
:P ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version