ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Internet freedoms restrained - SOPA/PIPA/OPEN/ACTA/CETA/PrECISE-related updates

<< < (4/79) > >>

IainB:
On the international front, also from Techdirt, a thought-provoking piece about Canadian innovation: Canadian Cities Looking To Opt-Out Of CETA Rather Than Get Roped Into An ACTA-Like Situation
by Wendy Cockcroft, 2012-07-27.

Crafty Canucks. Worth a read.

Renegade:
On the international front, also from Techdirt, a thought-provoking piece about Canadian innovation: Canadian Cities Looking To Opt-Out Of CETA Rather Than Get Roped Into An ACTA-Like Situation
by Wendy Cockcroft, 2012-07-27.

Crafty Canucks. Worth a read.
-IainB (July 31, 2012, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't know about CETA before...

After reading a short bit of that article, I had to go outside for a cigarette because I was about to explode in a furious rage of 140 dB profanity... and it's 2 am here...

The kindest things that I have to say about the EUTo say that I have nothing but contempt for the EU bureaucrats would be kind. Overly kind. The EU is an unelected bunch of petty dictators. I hope they rot in hell. When Greece had near 20% of its employment in the government sector while they were sucking the c***s of foreign (EU) bankers, is it any wonder that they're bankrupt? Leave that crap for the Europeans. As a Canadian I don't want anything to do with it. At least the Icelanders had the balls to kick out the bankers and charge them and their fellow criminal conspirators in government. The EU technocracy disgusts me.

IainB:
^ +1 Wot @Renegade said in the spoiler...     :o

tomos:
-IainB (August 01, 2012, 02:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

you can add me to that list as well

Renegade:
-IainB (August 01, 2012, 02:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

you can add me to that list as well
-tomos (August 01, 2012, 05:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

After a few hours, I was calm enough to go back and read some more. :)

I can say that I am happy to see that the city I am from in Canada has applied for an exemption to CETA. Phew~! And several other cites in the county have passed resolutions.

There's a good bit of information here:

http://canadians.org/action/2011/CETA-resolution.html

No further comment on it though. ;) I'm trying to keep this clean~! ;D :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version