Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 28, 2014, 02:13:49 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Entering SMIRF 8x8 + 10x8 Chess Program  (Read 46536 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2006, 12:05:27 PM »

hmm.. im not sure that's it - i login as administrator so that shouldnt be any problem i dont think..
but im willing to test any new version..

btw: smirf
the new free VirtualPC would be ideal environment for testing such stuff.
Smirf
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2006, 04:58:37 PM »

Now I hope to have made the installation routine a little bit more intelligent. Please report your experiences with the updated installation routine and GUI. Thank you!

Reinhard.
Smirf
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2006, 05:01:52 PM »

... the new free VirtualPC would be ideal environment for testing such stuff.

You probably are right ;-) , the problem is, I hav'nt that tool.

Regards, Reinhard.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2006, 05:14:22 PM »

virtualpc is now free:
http://www.donationcoder....um/index.php?topic=4330.0
Smirf
Supporting Member

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2006, 02:17:35 PM »

I am still waiting for (+) or (-) reactions after exploring the new SMIRF installation package. It really would be fine to hear anything about successes or failures ... thank you !

Reinhard.
martyjn
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2006, 02:51:50 AM »

hi reinhard i had similar trouble with the old installer got the new one and no problems with the new installation. :Thmbsup:love the program by the way.Have you thought about drag and move for the moves(that isnt a critisism) the curent interface is great.
Smirf
Supporting Member

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2006, 11:52:13 AM »

Hi Martyjn, thank you for your message! The SMIRF GUI is my first working chess GUI. Thus I am gathering a lot of experiences. Drag and drop will be in my next approach for this. Actually I am not sure to continue development with Borland Studio, because C++ yet is only supported half compared to Delphi. Nevertheless there will be some smaller improvements of the current SMIRF GUI and engine.

Regards, Reinhard.
Smirf
Supporting Member

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2006, 02:46:29 PM »

SMIRF's chess engine has been updated to BC-163f to finally participate in this contest.

Regards, Reinhard.
Smirf
Supporting Member

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2006, 01:59:08 PM »

There of course is again a new version of the SMIRF engine BC-164a, despite of the contest's ending.

Best regards, Reinhard.
Smirf
Supporting Member

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2006, 04:36:52 AM »

The GUI now released with the new version 164c has a reduced board flickering (as I hope) and also shows a material balance.

Reinhard.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2006, 05:30:15 AM »

cool  thumbs up
Smirf
Supporting Member

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2006, 11:27:59 AM »

The GUI has been released now in version 1.5.1 which:

a) has reduced flickering while drawing board
b) has scalable GUI (one bigger piece symbol set added)
c) will show material balance (last position)

Reinhard.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2006, 12:22:23 PM »

scalable gui - great.
Smirf
Supporting Member

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2006, 04:46:35 AM »

Again in SMIRF some smaller improvements have been made.
Now there is GUI version 1.6.3 and engine version 165d.

Regards, Reinhard.
Smirf
Supporting Member

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2006, 04:08:15 PM »

a) Again new improvements have been implemented into the SMIRF engine + GUI.

b) Thank you very much for finally receiving the Borland Pro Studio !

Best regards, Reinhard.
Smirf
Supporting Member

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2006, 06:53:01 AM »

SMIRF is migrating to Mac OS X. The web pages have been closed. Maybe there will be a comeback in far days.

Best regards and a happy new year 2007, Reinhard.

P.S.: see also notes at: http://www.chessvariants.org/index/external.php?itemid=SMIRF
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 09:54:32 AM by Smirf » Logged
Smirf
Supporting Member

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »

For some reasons and e.g. maybe to get some testing results of other 10x8 activists I have decided to publish again an actual donationware version of the SMIRF GUI and its engine BC-176f-2 which also may by used by Winboard-F in combination to HGM's smirfoglot adapter.

Download-link: https://files.me.com/r.scharnagl/ktgt2z

Regards, R. Scharnagl
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2011, 04:02:27 PM »

Cool  thumbs up
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.04 ]