ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

Entering SMIRF 8x8 + 10x8 Chess Program

<< < (5/14) > >>

f0dder:
Hm, I guess there's some Borland C++ "OnEraseBackground" or similar message, but I haven't used VCL-based languages (or even straight Borland C++, for that matter) since... the delphi2 days, iirc.

Anyway, you don't really need to sync with vblanc/vret - as long as you double-buffer and do a single blit to the "primary surface". I'm sorry I don't know how TPaintBox etc. works :(

Smirf:
... as long as you double-buffer and do a single blit to the "primary surface".
--- End quote ---
That is (so I hope) what I do. But it obviously sometimes is not sychronized with vblank.

May be, someone knows a trick to solve that problem ...

Reinhard.

f0dder:
After having looked at Smirf myself, I don't think it's a vblank sync thing - <brainstorm>it looks a lot like the PaintBox(?) background is being erased before you copy your data to it. Do you use any calls to "erase", "clear" or a similar method? Does the PaintBox have a background color property?</brainstorm>

Smirf:
All I do at paint is:   PbxBrett->Canvas->Draw(0, 0, BmpBrett);

martyjn:
Hi smurf love the look of the program and website I am thinking of entering a Tcp/IP winsock chess program that i have written It doesnt do any computer play but i use it to let me play across the net against my parents and family I am having a little trouple getting winsock to work reliebly on xp machines ( i wrote it in 98) and i want to bring them all together into the one(i also have checkers,reversi and norts and crosses using the same interface.
for anyone that is interested i have betas of my programs at http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~martyjn/download the graphics are still in the beta stage as well and the interface could use some work you have to click on the piece that you want to move and then on the square to move it to.Istead of relaying threw a server one side acts as a server but has to send the IP adress to the client for the socket to connect.
Anyway i am rambling i just wanted to see what you thought abou my work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version