Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 09:53:07 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: JayIsGames: Casual Gameplay Design Competition #10 - Deadline Sep 3, 2012  (Read 2349 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 09, 2012, 02:44:19 PM »

The JayIsGames puts on one of the funnest flash/casual/browser game building contests.. And they just announced their latest one.

Design a browser game that incorporates the theme "ESCAPE". You may use any browser-based technology platform you are comfortable with (Flash, Unity, Javascript/HTML5, etc.). If we can embed your finished game file(s), you may use that platform to design and develop your game.
Prizes:
1st place: $1,000
Armor Games Awards: $500 - to each of the top 3 Flash games for a non-exclusive license to appear at Armor Games.

Deadline:
The deadline for entries is Monday, September 03, 2012 at 11:59PM (GMT-5:00).

Note: As we have before -- we will send a rare DC "Game Division" mug to any DC members who *submit* a working entry.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:50:07 PM by mouser » Logged
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 04:16:13 PM »

Hmm... Just under two months to submit a game that somehow fits the "Escape" theme. undecided

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 11:09:50 PM »

So, I procrastinated majorly, but I've been working on an entry that needs to be submitted for the deadline in less than 48 hours from now. I could use an artist to provide me with some sprites. Not many sprites needed. Maybe only 10, I think. Not too large, either. I think 256x256 (each) would probably be overkill.

Plus maybe some title screen artwork would be nice. Then again, I don't even have a title for the game yet. . .

But anyway, any artistic volunteers who would be willing/able to provide me with some art within the next 48 hours? cheesy It would be much appreciated.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 06:59:50 AM »

Great to hear you are working on an entry Deo  thumbs up
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 11:19:07 AM »

Entries are online and playable now:
http://jayisgames.com/cgdc10/

40x Escape is pretty clever.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:33:40 AM by mouser » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.21 ]