ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How do I turn off image attachment previews in Gmail?

<< < (4/4)

daddydave:
Down the bottom right of GMail, clicking Details will show the last 10 or so IPs that accessed your account, (this includes email clients):
 (see attachment in previous post)
I believe you can have it notify you if a login occurs from somewhere radically different, (eg. it alerted me when I went via a Russian VPN), you can also set it to tell you if more than one login is current.

Here:
 (see attachment in previous post)

-4wd (July 17, 2012, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
My last ten IP addresses were the same IP...hmmm. I guess it shows the last 10 sign-ons. Also it is set to show alerts and I didn't get one, so that's seems to be a pretty good sign (unless they switched it off, sent the emails, and switched it back on to fool me).

Also, if you have a smart phone you can install Authenticator and use it to verify when you log in.  You need to activate GMail's two-step verification process, when you run Authenticator it generates a new 6 number pin every 30 seconds or so, you have to enter it when you log into GMail.

--- End quote ---

That's another strike against non-removable batteries. Thanks, I will look into it when I get an Android phone (which may be a while).

4wd:
Also, if you have a smart phone you can install Authenticator and use it to verify when you log in.  You need to activate GMail's two-step verification process, when you run Authenticator it generates a new 6 number pin every 30 seconds or so, you have to enter it when you log into GMail.
-4wd (July 17, 2012, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's another strike against non-removable batteries. Thanks, I will look into it when I get an Android phone (which may be a while).-daddydave (July 18, 2012, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can still activate the two step verification, for non-smart phones they send a pin via SMS to the mobile you register with them.

Once activated, any program that accesses your GMail account, (eg. email clients, etc), will need to have their own individual password which you can generate, (they send instructions for all this), they also provide "emergency" access to your account via one time verification codes, eg. in case you left your phone somewhere.

Each code can be used once only, you can generate another ten whenever you like.

That's another strike against non-removable batteries. Thanks, I will look into it when I get an Android phone (which may be a while).
--- End quote ---

Both of my Android phones have removable batteries but then both of them together cost less than AU$150 unlocked, ie. they're not the super-duper-do-everything-cinema-experience-gotta-have-the-latest-phones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version