ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

NoteTab 7 editors released

<< < (4/6) > >>

superboyac:
The question for me is always, why would I use one of these instead of the free and extremely capable Notepad++?  If you can answer that, the possibility of the wallet coming out is there.
-superboyac (July 09, 2012, 07:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

The answer to that question, of course, is personal preference.  It's like cars:  do you prefer a Ford or a Chevrolet, an Audi or a BMW?  That's why there is such a plethora of editors available.  It doesn't really matter what your preference might be, what matters is that you have a choice.  cyberdiva likes UltraEdit, that's her preference.  I like PSPad, TreePadX, NoteTab, depending upon what I need to do at the time.  All of these editors have their strengths, things they do better than any other editor.  So, ya pick the one (1) ya like, pay for it if need be, and go on yer merry way  :P.
-barney (July 09, 2012, 07:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's why I have like 5 that I use!  Each has its own little niche in my computing habits.  If you twisted my arm, what would I choose?  Hmm....probably editpad.

Tuxman:
EditPad is ugly!  :P

J-Mac:
Anyone using version 7 yet?

I've used NoteTab Pro since, I think, Version 4. I love the clipbars; they're what I use most. I'm a little reluctant to upgrade till I know just what Eric added or changed. I also used MailBag Assistant for a long time, along with Aid4Mail, but the last upgrade for MailBag Assistant had no new features added. IIRC, the main change was that he switched Regex engines for searches. I want to make sure that NoteTab 7 has something worth the upgrade price. (To ensure continued development is always a good reason, but I've done that with Fookes Software in the past and I think it's time for him to actually do some more development!)

Thanks!

Jim

barney:
It likes CSS3, HTML5  :Thmbsup:.
Added CSS highlighting, maybe better HTML highlighting  :Thmbsup:.
Search has improved, somewhat  :-\.
Word count is a bit different  :-\.
SEO stuff, but I'm not certain how relevant/important that might be to most  :-\ :-\.
New Web templates(?)  :-\.

If your usage is Web stuff, it's prolly a worthwhile upgrade.  For most other stuff, maybe not.  Thass OK, I bought it anyway  :P.

J-Mac:
Thanks barney.

Most of the changes are there for review - I just need to take the time and see if it's worth it to me. I can always keep using NoteTab Pro 6 since it works fine in Windows 7. Sounds like he mainly just tweaked a lot of little things, unless I'm missing something. Doesn’t sound much different than Version 6.

Biggest change Fookes did that pissed me off was no longer allowing you to download the program after your initial download, or after a few days - something like that. Trying to make you purchase the "extended download" bullshit. Cheap move on his part IMO. They have never had downloads generally available - you always got a link to the full version that was active all the time. How much could that have cost him to maintain?

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version