ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

NoteTab 7 editors released

<< < (2/6) > >>

Tuxman:
NoteTab doesn't get much love in this stronghold of coders, but it's still a good editor if you aren't a coder.
-rjbull (July 08, 2012, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you aren't a coder,
1. Notepad will work for you,
2. you won't pay money for a text editor.

cyberdiva:
FWIW, the Neat Net Tricks software review panel reviewed the previous version of NoteTab Pro a few months ago.  Two of the four panelists were very enthusiastic.  All four offer detailed evaluations (see esp. "Good points," "Weak points," and "Comments").  The review is at
http://www.neatnettricks.com/?http://www.neatnettricks.com/SoftwareReviews/2012/review-notetab-pro.html

Jibz:
Only a 10% discount here/now.
-Jibz (July 09, 2012, 12:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I still get a 20% discount.  I suspect that if you clear out your cookies related to the NoteTab and/or Cleverbridge sites (or visit with a different browser) you'd get the 20% discount again.
-mwb1100 (July 09, 2012, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm right you are, in IE I get a 20% discount :up:.

I think Tuxman has a good point -- if you are not a programmer you are probably unlikely to pay $40 for a text editor, so it makes the most sense to judge them from a programmers perspective.

barney:
I think Tuxman has a good point -- if you are not a programmer you are probably unlikely to pay $40 for a text editor, so it makes the most sense to judge them from a programmers perspective.
-Jibz (July 09, 2012, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, yeah, that is a point to be considered  :-\.  But it doesn't take into account little things like

* regex search[ & replace]
* block edits
* word count
* character count
* thesaurus
* ... and more.
I had use for all of that long before I started serious coding.  Granted, all that can be done other ways, but it's just so much nicer when it's all in one (1) package  ;).  It's not just coders that need more capability than Notepad provides  :P.

fenixproductions:
Well, yeah, that is a point to be considered  :-\.  But it doesn't take into account little things like
-barney (July 09, 2012, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
I wonder which of these are worth 40$ to pay (instead of donating to N++)?

And more serious question is for Light version: from comparison chart it looks like NoteTab supports HTML5 but without syntax highlighting for HTML…

How does it work? Automatic suggestions without colours? Or maybe newest tags are indicated somehow but only if they are not in HTML4 already (nice <article> ugly <div>)? ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version