Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 24, 2014, 10:28:10 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Program is running ! or not ?  (Read 1013 times)
Hessenmike
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 08, 2012, 06:29:53 AM »

around two days a week the program is not running but if I start the program i get the message "program is running".

the symbol isn't there and i can't start only if i close the program about the task-manager / process.

what can i do ????

* Zwischenablage-1.jpg (440.29 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 102 times.)

* Zwischenablage-1.jpg (376.35 KB, 1694x1080 - viewed 115 times.)
kunkel321
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 02:25:36 PM »

A similar thing happened to me a while back, and it was because I accidentally had installed 2 versions.  I had the portable version of SSC which I had forgotten about, then I installed the regular version too.  The portable version was set to start at system start up, and that was blocking the other version when I tried to launch it... 
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 02:48:21 PM »

First things first -- it's clear from that response that there is a previous instance of the program already running.
The only question is, why aren't you seeing the system tray icon for it.

There are two possibilities -- one is that you have windows configured to hide unused icons; if you don't know how to configure that let us know and someone can help.

The other is that you are experiencing a bug where the system tray icon of SC is not showing -- i've seen this happen when the system is set to autologin a user on bootup.  Do you have such a setup?

You did give me an idea however and i will make the next version auto refresh the tray icon when a second instance is loaded.

Also, just try hitting the PrtScr key and see if that brings the icon back.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »

I think there was a bug with that a while back,
dunno will this help:
http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=30776.0

Edit/ that was about changing the windows start options though (on updating) so probably *not* relevant

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.024s | Server load: 0.17 ]