ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... win7 startup problem solvers

(1/3) > >>

barney:
Folk,

This has me at my wit's end (not a particularly great distance  ;)).  I have Apache 2.2 installed on a laptop as a service.  But it never starts when system is started/restarted.  Two (2) other laptops work just fine.  They are Gateways, however, and this is a Toshiba.  None of my searches have turned up a viable methodology to correct this situation.  Pareto Logic PC Health was recommended, but it does naught but list a plethora of error conditions.  For correction, ya hafta buy da damned t'ing  :o :P.  MS FixIt didn't work.  

The problem is most often described as a conflict other software using port 80.  However, I can start the Apache process via the monitor after the system has booted, so nothing is occupying - at least, long-term - port 80.

eleman:
What does the application section of the windows' event viewer say on the issue?

db90h:
... bleh, don't want to get involved on second though. And don't buy Pareto, it won't fix whatever, I can guarantee you that much.

skwire:
One thing to try is to go to the Services console, right-click the Apache service and choose Properties.  Once there, go to the Recovery tab and set all the dropdowns to "Restart the Service."

barney:
Had these three (3) errors after changing port to 8080
~~~~~ start paste ~~~~~
The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> (OS 10049)The requested address is not valid in its context.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 192.168.1.130:8080     .

>>> no listening sockets available, shutting down     .

>>> Unable to open logs     .
~~~~~  end paste  ~~~~~
Changed port back to 80, same error set.
Rebuilt C:/Windows/System32/WBEM/Repository, no change.

I've tried a good half-dozen fixes that apparently worked for other folk, but still getting the same problem.  Interestingly, haven't seen 0x80041003 in the event log for the last few boots.  That, apparently, was not the issue  :(.

(skwire chimed in while I was typing, so I'll try his suggestion after posting this.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version