ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

O Fortuna Misheard Lyrics

<< < (2/2)

40hz:
;D  ;D  ;D

That's a prize Mondegreen!
-rjbull (July 07, 2012, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

@rj - Thanks for that link!  :-*  Adding mondegreen to my vocabulary.  :Thmbsup:

tomos:
Mondegreen is nice :-*

@Stephen - that has to make laugh of the week (and I'm sober :p)

S'cuze me while I kiss this guy! (Note: I've since been told something like 25% of the people polled think that is the actual line in the song. I guess somebody's mother taught them the wrong words. )-40hz (July 07, 2012, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I  think from the beginning it was misunderstood. I've read a story -not that long ago, but god knows where- that Jimi had some fun with it and kissed one of the band members on stage when singing it. Was at one of the big festivals, I think.
... just looked in Wikipedia. It says he perpetrated this mondegreen by actually using it as a joke while singing "Purple Haze" live in concert. More details from source here.

mwb1100:
A bit of history on "O Fortuna".  See item #4 (NSFW - vulgar language):

http://www.cracked.com/article_18990_6-pieces-music-that-mean-opposite-what-you-think.html

I'm not really sure how accurate the story is; cracked.com is a comedy site after all.

Deozaan:

ROFL!
-Stephen66515 (July 07, 2012, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can tell those lyrics aren't accurate.

Because the cake is a lie.

Josh:

ROFL!
-Stephen66515 (July 07, 2012, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can tell those lyrics aren't accurate.

Because the cake is a lie.
-Deozaan (July 07, 2012, 06:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version