ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: Comic Book Archive Creator

<< < (5/7) > >>

jgpaiva:
In fact, without a license, no third-party compression app, e.g., 7-zip, PeaZIP, IZarc, etc., can create RAR files.
-skwire (July 16, 2012, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think that's the detail that is missing in this whole conversation: .cbr is just a renamed .rar file, and no program other than winrar can create that kind of archives (see explanation above).

skwire:
I think that's the detail that is missing in this whole conversation: .cbr is just a renamed .rar file, and no program other than winrar can create that kind of archives (see explanation above).-jgpaiva (July 16, 2012, 09:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Correct.  All that said, CBZ, CB7, and CBT support should be enough for anybody.  I included CBR support for the zealots, you know?   :P

fdwojo:
In the process of creating the comic, you make each page from a PDF into a JPG.  I know that when creating a JPG, it is possible to indicate the 'compression quality' of the image, and I believe it can be set between 1 and 100 (1 is least compression and 100 is most compression).  What do you use for a setting? Can it be added on the Options page so that we can squeeze (or not) the size of our comic book files?

FDWojo

skwire:
Hi, FDWojo, and welcome to the site.

In the process of creating the comic, you make each page from a PDF into a JPG.  I know that when creating a JPG, it is possible to indicate the 'compression quality' of the image, and I believe it can be set between 1 and 100 (1 is least compression and 100 is most compression).  What do you use for a setting? Can it be added on the Options page so that we can squeeze (or not) the size of our comic book files?-fdwojo (July 17, 2012, 02:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

In the latest build, I added the ability to specify the output type (JPG or PNG) when converting PDFs.  I also included your request to specify the quality of a jpg and the compression of a png.  Some things to keep in mind:

* The JPG quality value is 0-100 where 0 is the worst quality and 100 is the best quality.  The default is 85.
* The PNG compression value is 1-10 where 1 is the least compression and 10 is the most compression.  The default is 6.

Website | Download
v1.0.4 - 2012-07-17
    + When converting PDFs, added ability to specify image output type and
      quality/compression settings.  (Thanks, fdwojo)

v1.0.3 - 2012-07-15
    + Last used folders are now saved when adding files.

v1.0.2 - 2012-07-13
    + Added ability to cancel during the creation process.
    * Changed the "Clear list" toolbar icon.

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.5 - 2012-07-23
    * Improved the accuracy of the progress bars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version