Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 22, 2014, 11:46:09 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)  (Read 67609 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2014, 08:33:41 AM »

That is just awesome to hear.  I think martin really summed it up well in his review:
"Recommendation
If you want a lightweight program that provides you with excellent forecasts and all the information you can possibly want, then sWeather is the first of this list that you should take for a test ride.
While it may be too bare bones for some, it makes up for that with low memory usage and being portable."

Weather app's can get really elaborate (and often beautiful), but many of us are interested in something lightweight, clean, efficient, ELEGANT, and free of ads, and sWeather just rocks for that.

Congratulations, skwire  thumbs up
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:36:57 AM by mouser » Logged
skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2014, 10:33:52 AM »

ghacks today (8/24) has a review of 9 desktop weather apps and Martin gives sWeather the top recommendation.

Thanks for the heads up, Mike.  =]

Weather app's can get really elaborate (and often beautiful), but many of us are interested in something lightweight, clean, efficient, and free of ads, and sWeather just rocks for that.
Congratulations, skwire  thumbs up

Thanks, mouser.  sWeather is a favourite of mine (are we allowed to have our own apps as favs?   tongue) and it's rather humbling to see it get that kind of recognition.

Gadgetman496
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #302 on: November 27, 2014, 08:43:23 PM »

When I enable the 5 day extended forecast and turn on the "Show dates in extended forecast" It is displaying the incorrect dates. The date for each day are one day forward, example, as I type this post it is Fri 28th Nov 2014 but sWeather is displaying Fri 29th (see attached screenshot)

It's as if the date is incrementing but the name of day is not doing so until quite a bit later.

* sWeather Date.JPG (38.4 KB, 420x357 - viewed 25 times.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:45:06 AM by Gadgetman496 » Logged
kevlar_heart42
Participant

« Reply #303 on: December 04, 2014, 09:23:17 PM »

Thmbsup Based on the recommendation in GHacker, I have installed sWeather. I agree that for a low footprint/high content application your software is hard to beat. Count me in for a donation after I futz around with it awhile. Many thanks -- all of my former "go to" weather applications got smashed when their RSS feeds were changed or became too costly. If you have a Beta program, sign me up.
skwire
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #304 on: December 05, 2014, 08:35:15 AM »

Hi, Gadgetman496 & kevlar_heart42, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   smiley

It's as if the date is incrementing but the name of day is not doing so until quite a bit later.

I've noticed this as well at times and, like you mention, it happens if the RSS feed is late/incorrect.  Fixing it might be a bit tricky but I'll see what I can do.

Thmbsup Based on the recommendation in GHacker, I have installed sWeather. I agree that for a low footprint/high content application your software is hard to beat. Count me in for a donation after I futz around with it awhile. Many thanks -- all of my former "go to" weather applications got smashed when their RSS feeds were changed or became too costly. If you have a Beta program, sign me up.

Thank you for the kind words and donation.  They're much appreciated.  There is no official beta program, but I do sometimes release early builds that are announced on this thread.

skwire
Global Moderator

« Reply #305 on: December 15, 2014, 01:06:35 AM »

Website | Download
v1.5.4 - 2014-12-15
    + Added 'Feels like' temp to the tray tooltip.  (Thanks, Ken Z.)
    ! Hopefully fixed a long-standing bug with the temperature icon not
      displaying the correct temperature.  This had to do with the fact that
      Windows 7, at least, does not appear to like 1-bit colour icons in the
      tray.  Crazy...

kevlar_heart42
Participant

« Reply #306 on: December 15, 2014, 06:28:09 AM »

Website | Download
v1.5.4 - 2014-12-15
    + Added 'Feels like' temp to the tray tooltip.  (Thanks, Ken Z.)
    ! Hopefully fixed a long-standing bug with the temperature icon not
      displaying the correct temperature.  This had to do with the fact that
      Windows 7, at least, does not appear to like 1-bit colour icons in the
      tray.  Crazy...

Very cool. Because I am a bit dense (and new), is there a way to update sWeather without unzipping the file again to its directory?
skwire
Global Moderator

« Reply #307 on: December 15, 2014, 08:35:24 AM »

Very cool. Because I am a bit dense (and new), is there a way to update sWeather without unzipping the file again to its directory?

No, there is not.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.03 ]