ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Visual Basic or Visual C++

(1/7) > >>

hulkbuster:
Hello again, i am aspiring to be at least a novice programmer who can make a small clock for pc or making some little puzzle game that doesn't require some heavy duty programming skill, all i want to make a single exe programs that could be used by any user.

So far , i just got my head into QBASIC and slowly i want to move up to Visual Basic and then Visual C++, but what i would to know if, i can achieve this by using Visual Basic or Visual C++, lately i got this feeling of sticking just with one programm:  and achieve mastery in one tool of a trade.

So what would you suggest me with to start with QBASIC or move to C++ then Visual C++ and Visual Basic, hell i don't know what all this terminology mean even in theoritical manner.

Can anyone suggest me something to this dilemma.

PS: i already have Express edition which contains Visual C# 2008,Visual C++ 2008,Visual Basic 2008 and Web Developer: so i want to learn Basic now, so would be the choice.

Also i got a copy of microsoft Visual Studio 6, which also contains Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0

Ath:
None of those 2, choose Visual C#

You won't be able to create proper single-exe programs with VS without installing a runtime-part anyway, and most modern computers (should) have the .NET runtime installed anyway, so select the language that the majority of Visual Studio programmers is using: C#

hulkbuster:
Then microsoft VisualC# contained  withing the Express Edition would do the job right. :)

db90h:
won't be able to create proper single-exe programs with VS without installing a runtime-part anyway, and most modern computers (should) have the .NET runtime installed anyway, so select the language that the majority of Visual Studio programmers is using: C#
-Ath (July 06, 2012, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ever hear of statically linking to the CRT? This requires no CRT DLLs, because they are statically linked into the EXE. (speaking of unmanaged code, of course)

I also heavily question the statement that 'most VS programmers are using C#'. Would love to see that backed up with any real statistics...

flamerz:
you could start with c#... but if you want to try some basic flavours, give a try to purebasic or powerbasic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version