ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

cut out middle verse and still keep pace

<< < (3/4) > >>

Curt:
Thanks for the many helping answers. I ask you all to forgive that my school-English doesn't master this kind of explanations. Pitch was not the accurate word, but I think "keeping pace" is. A long and hard explanation: If the first ("left") cut was made in the first chorus, in the middle of the word "sunshine", then the second ("right") cut must make the second half of third chorus' "sunshine" fulfill the first "sun...", in the merged clips, so he again is singing sunshine.

Confused? You won't be  after next episode of SOAP!

---------------
I won't actually start doing it until next week.

40hz:
If you can't get a clean cut point you could always try splitting the track into two before and after the word sunshine, then overlap the two tracks on the word sunshine, and then see if you can do a smooth crossfade between the two tracks. It's not as precise as a cut and splice. But it's what many producers do when they need to chop something out of a song. Done right (source material permitting) a crossfade can mask a splice point very effectively. YMMV.

Luck! :Thmbsup:

Addendum:

For a list of 25 free audio mixing apps look here.

I've personally used Audacity, Ardour, Jokosher, and Wavosaur.

Of the bunch I liked Ardour and Wavosaur the most. But the other two were also very good programs. Why not try a half dozen and see which one you like best?

Curt:
Addendum: For a list of 25 free audio mixing apps look here. I've personally used Audacity, Ardour, Jokosher, and Wavosaur.-40hz (July 07, 2012, 06:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

-wow; I've never even heard of Ardour or Jokosher. Will go and test! (Linux / Mac, not Win)

Thanks also for the directions on cross-fading.  :up:

40hz:
Last I checked there was a live Linux distro called ArtistX that had Jokosher on it. IIRC, Dynebolic (another live distro) has Ardour on it. They're huge downloads since they both have a ton of media tools on them. So we're talking 1-2Gb DVD isos. But if you're somewhere with a really fast connection (i.e. university/school) they might be worth checking out.
 :Thmbsup:

daddydave:
Addendum: For a list of 25 free audio mixing apps look here. I've personally used Audacity, Ardour, Jokosher, and Wavosaur.-40hz (July 07, 2012, 06:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

-wow; I've never even heard of Ardour or Jokosher. Will go and test! (Linux / Mac, not Win)

Thanks also for the directions on cross-fading.  :up:

-Curt (July 08, 2012, 07:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Jokosher does seem to have a Windows version, in case you missed it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version