ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

cut out middle verse and still keep pace

<< < (2/4) > >>

daddydave:
I donTried audacity?
-eleman (July 05, 2012, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Seconded. I don't think it's going to get any easier than Audacity. Just select the middle part, hit Delete, then go to File > Export.  Or have I misunderstood what you want?

eleman:
Or have I misunderstood what you want?
-daddydave (July 07, 2012, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

He has some trouble with the pitch. I don't know what pitch is (standard issue ears here, they may even be defective), but I guess trying to tell me what it is would be like trying to describe the difference between green and red to a color blind.

Curt:
 :-[

pitch is the wrong word, I realize. Keep pace, I should have said.

daddydave:
Is pace the same as tempo?

Do you mean to change the tempo of the second part to match the tempo of the first part, without changing the pitch?

Dormouse:
my ears are telling me that the song is too long - it must be shortened!
...So far it has been impossible for me to get it perfect; the cut is never right on pitch.[/i]
-Curt (July 05, 2012, 08:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Most audio editors will do it - but to do it perfectly your ears must recognise the precise start and end points of the section you want to remove.
And you need enough zoom control to be able to see those moments on the screen.
Will also only work if those perfect moments exist; this frequently is not the case when there are a number of instruments & voices going as all of them are unlikely to flow on without apparent interruption at any snipping point.
PS Wave MP3 Editor should certainly be able to do it, if it can be done to your liking at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version