ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

cut out middle verse and still keep pace

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
Thread's original title:
"recommend audio editor to cut out middle part and still keep pitch"
-but the proper word is not "pitch", and I already have the right editor! :-[
----------------------------

I have grown fond of my audio file version of the silly Tunak Tunak Tun by Daler Mehndi. But without the video my ears are telling me that the song is too long - it must be shortened! But I don't want to just cut off the end, but the middle part of the song. This has turned out to be a much bigger problem than expected. So far it has been impossible for me to get it perfect; the cut is never right on pitch. The operation is even more difficult because the song is so "turn up every volume button"-loud recorded:

Have you tried to cut off the middle part of a song? Can you recommend a good audio editor to do so? Of course I expect Adobe, Sony and other expensive editors can make such an operation easy, but Real Life is not that easy, so I want you to recommend a really cheap solution.  ;-)  The free Direct Cut cannot do it - at least not when I am using it.

64-bit Windows 7

eleman:
Tried audacity?

Curt:
-yes, but Audacity and MP3 Direct Cut are no different from my Wave MP3 Editor,
unless they have a relevant feature that I not yet have understood how to use.

justice:
Any audio editor can do it, the key is to set a start and end marker (or loop points). Then do a continious playback, zoom in and move the markers slightly left or right until it sounds right. Now you can select and cut out the loop and the rest of the song will sound fine.

Always position the marker on a point exactly on the x axis (centre of the waveform) to avoid clicks appearing due to breaks in the waveform.

Curt:
-so I need to put on my glasses and read the ####ing manual?!  :-[

Thanks, justice. I understand that I have not shown enough patience with my editor.
I will take another try when I have better time than today.

Or maybe I will rather wait another 3 weeks for Ashampoo Music Studio 4 to be launched,
it "must" be tested anyway:

Ashampoo Music Studio 4 covers the whole bandwidth from music creation to production.

Shhh... Upgrade version: Buy now for only $11.99 - only for owners of a previous version

Create
    Rip audio CDs
    Record from audio sources: Microphone, line in and any other Windows recording device
    Video-2-Music: Extract audio from video files, e.g. to create ringtones

Edit
    Edit file tags
    Rename and move files based on ID-Tags
    Convert between multiple formats: MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC
    Cut, mix and modify audio data within audio files
    Normalize file volumes

Design
    Covers, labels and booklets

Produce
    Track Mixer: Create new songs out of existing audio files
    Burn Audio CDs, input formats: MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC