ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

European Parliament Votes to Reject ACTA

(1/2) > >>

eleman:
Europeans are on a row these days. Yesterday the ECJ ruling to overrule the limitations software producers impose in licenses, and now this:

The European Parliament decided to reject ACTA once and for all.

Some institutions of Europeans are surprisingly responsive to the public. Even I (a citizen of Turkey, not EU) called a member of the European Parliament, told him that I was calling from Turkey, and I had objections against ACTA. I asked him to reject the treaty, and he said he would consider it.

I don't think I could have such a civil and respectful conversation with any Turkish MP. I would receive an angry rebuke at best.

Anyway, this is good.

ed.: grammar fix

tomos:
Great news!

and well done:
I (a citizen of Turkey, not EU) called a member of the european parliament, told him that I was calling from Turkey, and I had objections against ACTA. I asked him to reject the treaty, and he said he would consider it.
-eleman (July 04, 2012, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Curt:

TaoPhoenix:
"So that's two for us" - but are we getting stronger or weaker? Will they spin all the parts like a Rubik's cube and succeed with a different version eventually?

But this is good, because this means that the EU Parliament is now fully aware, so hopefully if it re-emerges as a zombie it won't be the almost-skunking when people were going "huh?"

Renegade:
"So that's two for us" - but are we getting stronger or weaker? Will they spin all the parts like a Rubik's cube and succeed with a different version eventually?

But this is good, because this means that the EU Parliament is now fully aware, so hopefully if it re-emerges as a zombie it won't be the almost-skunking when people were going "huh?"
-TaoPhoenix (July 04, 2012, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

(see attachment in previous post)
-Curt (July 04, 2012, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version