topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: request: limit searches to specified domains only  (Read 7510 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
request: limit searches to specified domains only
« on: July 03, 2012, 10:28 AM »
mouser, it would be a great research tool if the program could limit the search to just a specified list of domains.  Just like step #1 where search terms are entered per line, it would be nice to be able to enter somewhere else some domains per line, maybe with wildcards.  What do you think?

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: request: limit searches to specified domains only
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 10:31 AM »
wait!  can it already do that in the "search configuration" area?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 05:35 PM »
I'm embarassed to say that i don't really remember how to use Web Link Captor very much any more... DC member ewemoa may know how to use it better than me at this point.

It seemed like such a good idea for a program at the time, and coded in a combo of C++ and Python I thought would make it very extensible.  Any options you can pass to google to restrict search you should be able to pass to the google-configured searches in Web Link Captor.. Let me know what you figure out..

Maybe someone will think of a program i can turn WLC into that would actually be more useful than what it was created to do..

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 05:42 PM »
I'm embarassed to say that i don't really remember how to use Web Link Captor very much any more... DC member ewemoa may know how to use it better than me at this point.

It seemed like such a good idea for a program at the time, and coded in a combo of C++ and Python I thought would make it very extensible.  Any options you can pass to google to restrict search you should be able to pass to the google-configured searches in Web Link Captor.. Let me know what you figure out..

Maybe someone will think of a program i can turn WLC into that would actually be more useful than what it was created to do..
I understand.
This issue was actually raised by one of my friends and I thought it was a good idea.  It would be awesome if there was a software that could limit searches to your bookmarks.  It's almost something that the bookmark managers should include.  I wonder if Linkman would be open to the possibility.  But it would probably be more useful as a standalone tool that you can load in whatever list of domains you wanted.