ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Windows 8 and FARR

<< < (2/3) > >>

anandcoral:
Well I am still using Xp as my main system. After I started using FARR, I forgot that the 'Start' button has other use than 'Shutdown/Control Panel'. Even I do not care how many level deep a program is installed in the start menu, sometimes 3 levels like 'Company > Brand > Program'.

Using FARR I do not need to worry all about it. Just type the few letters of the program name and it is there. I use FARR in my Win7 system too, when I need to check some compatibility issues of any app.

Now I am happy that FARR works in Win8 :D, and I will me at home when I use Win8.

Regards,

Anand

cyberdiva:
Just thought I'd mention that I've been using mouser's Launch Bar Commander as a Start button substitute, both on XP and on Windows 7.  I have no idea whether I'll ever move to Windows 8 (so far, I haven't heard of any good reason for me to do so), but I hope that LBC will also continue to be developed so that it works on new versions.  It's been a godsend for me.  :Thmbsup:

Carol Haynes:
And to clarify ... in METRO while you can 'just start typing', in the TRADITIONAL interface, I don't believe that is available (correct me if I'm wrong).-db90h (July 03, 2012, 08:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's because Metro is the start menu in 8 !

db90h:
And to clarify ... in METRO while you can 'just start typing', in the TRADITIONAL interface, I don't believe that is available (correct me if I'm wrong).-db90h (July 03, 2012, 08:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's because Metro is the start menu in 8 !
-Carol Haynes (July 04, 2012, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's essentially true.

[rest redacted]

db90h:
redacted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version