topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Lost the Time-Delayed Paste in Clipboard Help+Spell CHS  (Read 9118 times)

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Quite by accident I stumbled across a feature in using CHS years(?) ago that would allow me to select an item from the CHS list and would paste it after a time delay.  Unfortunately, I have forgotten how and where in the software where I can restore this functionality.  I have scoured the CHS options over the weekend and have had no success in finding the "switch."  Can someone please point me to the place where I can turn this back on ? 

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Lost the Time-Delayed Paste in Clipboard Help+Spell CHS
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:19 AM »
I don't think there is such a function -- perhaps you imagined it?

If you tell me a situation where you need it perhaps it's something i could add.

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 10:37 AM »
I don't think there is such a function -- perhaps you imagined it? (emphasis mine)

If you tell me a situation where you need it perhaps it's something i could add.

Please don't say that!  The implications are well, you know.

Back on topic... I seem to use a number of apps that CHS doesn't play well with when I try to paste directly into the app.  The user-defined time-delay-paste would allow selecting an item from the list (loading the clipboard), then clicking the mouse where I need it in my target app and after the five-second delay would automatically paste the clipboard into the target app.

I know I am not crazy and I know this function was used tens, sometimes hundreds of times a day.  Is it possible another app was doing this in a clandestine manner?  Hmm... I wonder what it might be?  :huh:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 11:45 AM »
One option if you have an app that does not like to receive the Ctrl+V paste used by CHS,
is to bring up the quick+paste menu (ctrl+alt+Q by default), and then instead of just selecting the item to paste, hold SHIFT while you select it,
which will give you a new menu where you can choose to paste using the SENDKEYS method, which works in some applications (like dos commandline) that don't like Ctrl+V.

I could add an option for delayed paste too I suppose..

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 02:16 PM »
mouser, you already have Capture Options, which ignore clips from specified applications.  Maybe you could consider Paste Options, which would specify the type of pasting per application?  E.g., Ctrl+V, Shift+Ins, whatever?

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 12:55 PM »

If you *could* add a user-definable delay in seconds to paste-whatever-is-on-the-clipboard function (loading would be done via the systray CHS icon) I would not only be grateful, but could use it immediately or whenever you can make it happen.  It would be a permanent tool in my kit if you decide to add the function.

I have considered all the preceding suggestions, but due to my limitations with a keyboard, I am relegated to computer mousedom.  So far I have had no success in locating the "other" app which might have been the culprit.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:33 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 10:57 AM »
I have been experimenting some more with this and I noticed H+S already has this copytoclipboard-delay-pastefromclipboard functionality, but it only works with the "R - Time/Date Textclips" function on the H+S Systray pop-up.  

If I click on the "R - Time/Date Textclips" in the H+S pop-up list, there is a delay of 2 seconds... then I hear the "paste" sound wav file (set in View >> Options >>  Interface Options) and it automatically pastes the selected Date/Time at the cursor position in whatever application has focus.  However, if I select anything in the top of the H+S pop-up list, the "paste sound" wav file plays immediately indicating it has pasted, but because there was no delay the focus could not be changed to the target application.

It seems if the Time/Date paste function could be delayed, the clips would have the delay function too.

Does everyone have this same experience with H+S?

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 10:42 PM »

@Mouser - Any forward movement on this mod?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 01:40 PM »
Let me look into this and how date pasting differs from the other stuff.
In both cases, CHS *SHOULD* be smart enough to check to make sure it has changed to the target application successfully before pasting, but it's quite possible i'm mucking something up..

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 03:03 PM »
Let me look into this and how date pasting differs from the other stuff.
Thanks!

In both cases, CHS *SHOULD* be smart enough to check to make sure it has changed to the target application successfully before pasting, but it's quite possible i'm mucking something up..
FMI - is the "pasting" an auto-paste or manual?  If the former, does CHS "wait" until the focus is changed?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 07:26 PM »
Not sure what you are asking.