ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Lost the Time-Delayed Paste in Clipboard Help+Spell CHS

(1/3) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
Quite by accident I stumbled across a feature in using CHS years(?) ago that would allow me to select an item from the CHS list and would paste it after a time delay.  Unfortunately, I have forgotten how and where in the software where I can restore this functionality.  I have scoured the CHS options over the weekend and have had no success in finding the "switch."  Can someone please point me to the place where I can turn this back on ? 

mouser:
I don't think there is such a function -- perhaps you imagined it?

If you tell me a situation where you need it perhaps it's something i could add.

CodeTRUCKER:
I don't think there is such a function -- perhaps you imagined it? (emphasis mine)

If you tell me a situation where you need it perhaps it's something i could add.
-mouser (July 02, 2012, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Please don't say that!  The implications are well, you know.

Back on topic... I seem to use a number of apps that CHS doesn't play well with when I try to paste directly into the app.  The user-defined time-delay-paste would allow selecting an item from the list (loading the clipboard), then clicking the mouse where I need it in my target app and after the five-second delay would automatically paste the clipboard into the target app.

I know I am not crazy and I know this function was used tens, sometimes hundreds of times a day.  Is it possible another app was doing this in a clandestine manner?  Hmm... I wonder what it might be?  :huh:

mouser:
One option if you have an app that does not like to receive the Ctrl+V paste used by CHS,
is to bring up the quick+paste menu (ctrl+alt+Q by default), and then instead of just selecting the item to paste, hold SHIFT while you select it,
which will give you a new menu where you can choose to paste using the SENDKEYS method, which works in some applications (like dos commandline) that don't like Ctrl+V.

I could add an option for delayed paste too I suppose..

rjbull:
mouser, you already have Capture Options, which ignore clips from specified applications.  Maybe you could consider Paste Options, which would specify the type of pasting per application?  E.g., Ctrl+V, Shift+Ins, whatever?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version