ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

sorting units of text

<< < (5/7) > >>

skwire:
hello, the script's behavior is all a bit too voodoo to me... hmm. first of all:

this:
qqq   testtest

ppp   testtest

will sort correctly for you?-me_7834539 (July 02, 2012, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, works perfectly here.  I wonder if this is a "German OS versus English OS" issue.  Do me a favour, please, and run this script:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---myText = (nqprae) Sort, myText MsgBox, % myText
Please let me know the results.  Thank you.

tomos:
btw, I am wondering if donation coder is the right forum for discussing AHK... seems like the ahk forums might solve the problem faster at this point... just an idea though.
-me_7834539 (July 02, 2012, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think most of the "coding snacks" here are made using AHK.
Skwire's a meister at any rate ;-)

BTW I'm using a German keyboard with an English OS (7).
If it's any help I can test something - just say the word - keeping in mind you'll have to tell me exactly what to do :-[ :)

me_7834539:
hello, it will show a message box displaying aenpqr. so yes, it starts with a, if this is what you wanted to find out. :)

me_7834539:
@skwire
just out of curiosity, did you find out why the sorting does not work for the first line...?

oh, and, from my point of view, the script did not seem completed because of this "bug", when in fact, from your pov it was. so, since this is just a minor annoyance, I think it's time to say a huge thank you for the script which essential solved my problem! thank you!!!!!!!  :-*

skwire:
@skwire
just out of curiosity, did you find out why the sorting does not work for the first line...?-me_7834539 (July 05, 2012, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apologies for the delay.  I did some more testing and I think I know what the problem is.  I'm going to assume that are using the regular vanilla AutoHotkey build.  Can you install the AutoHotkey_L build and then try the cat-parser.ahk script, please?

http://l.autohotkey.net/
http://l.autohotkey.net/AutoHotkey_L_Install.exe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version