ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

sorting units of text

<< < (2/7) > >>

me_7834539:
(Once again thank you for your comments.)

| Do you really want what you said, and sort the items, or do you just want to find them using the categories as keywords/tags? 

It's about sorting. In the end, I want a category  bunches of e.g. 15 - 30 text items each.

| If the latter, you might look at NoteFrog.  The current version can import files delimited with markers.

Seems similar to Treepad... same problems therefore...

| Noteliner.  It's free, but .NET if that bothers you, and uses its own file format.

Doesn't seem to be able to do what I described, either...

| MemPad. 

dito.

| Ultra Recall , RightNote, AllMyNote.  KeyNote.

dito.dito.dito.dito...  :)

however, in general these are nice recommendations. I did not know of all of these. Thanks.

MilesAhead:
Try vim

I don't know of any other free Windows text editors that can match it when it comes to manipulating paragraphs. But you'd have to absorb the learning curve.

The "sort it afterwards" part of your plan seems to be the sticking point.

As far as free form text entry in TreePad I would create a node for it.  Perhaps "Uncategorized" and just type paragraphs in that node.

A programmable editor such as vim seems to be the best chance of unscrambling the current mish mash.

MilesAhead:
Vim has a page for user contributed scripts. You may find one you can modify to your scheme

http://www.vim.org/scripts/script_search_results.php

skwire:
Hi, me_7834539, and welcome to DonationCoder.  Are you familiar with AutoHotkey?

me_7834539:
hello! cool, so much help! thanks!

thanks for pointing to vim. that's interesting. I couldn't find a script there that does what I described (though I might have missed one), but I might find some more help there if this thread won't yield an answer. Notepad++ plugins might also be a resource, though there are no plugins that can do paragraph sorting either.

Yes, I am actually using AHK for very simple tasks. (I can't code, obviously.) I was thinking of posting my question there, as well, but I remembered this place here as very friendly... that's why I came back here first :-* ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version