ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A windows mess in the task bar

<< < (4/4)

Contro:
Perhaps my next pc will have 1024 GB of RAM memory with Windows 10 running virtual machines under windows xp pro

;D

Curt:
@Contro, you might want to re-study App103's post

Yes, I am running XP with classic theme there, (...) ...just unlock your taskbar and drag it to the side and stretch it. -app103 (July 01, 2012, 04:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

-and there is more.

Contro:
@Contro, you might want to re-study App103's post

Yes, I am running XP with classic theme there, (...) ...just unlock your taskbar and drag it to the side and stretch it. -app103 (July 01, 2012, 04:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

-and there is more.
-Curt (July 01, 2012, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Running Curt. Best Regards

Contro:
I like nice long buttons where I can easily read the text. I have no issues with the buttons being too short to read them on my taskbar.  ;)

This is one of the many benefits of having your taskbar on the side and extending it as far as it will go, and putting it on autohide.

The first 2 screenshots in my post here will show you how I have it: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=25840.msg238489#msg238489

Yes, I am running XP with classic theme there, but you can do it in Win7 as well, and with aero, or whatever crap they have for themes now. And it is easy to do...just unlock your taskbar and drag it to the side and stretch it. (I don't lock mine because I like the little bands that separate each toolbar, and they disappear if you lock the taskbar)

The only time my buttons get shortened is when I have a ton of open windows, enough to fill all the space on the taskbar, resulting in Windows making 2 columns of them, at which point they become about half the length, which is still pretty wide compared to what you have now.

It will take a little getting used to but once you do, you may never go back to that sliver of a taskbar at the bottom of the screen. I have had my taskbar like this for the last 13 years, ever since my first PC was given to me with it preconfigured that way, back in the Win98 days.

But be careful...if you get too used to it, it will make using another OS very uncomfortable. I have issues with Ubuntu because I can't take my Windows taskbar with me.  :(
-app103 (July 01, 2012, 04:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D ;D
It's very difficult to say what method is the best because goes with the psichology of the user.

I can't with the right taskbar. I am very used to this one. But I use Launchy, classical button menus and rarely the start button.
And multiple docks and menus hidden that appear with shortcuts like Win+6 and so on.

:-*

The most best idea is change the wall paper every time at your likings.

and the boss key F12 to hide and mute everything you are doing.

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version