ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DOTCOM saga - updates

<< < (27/39) > >>

IainB:
The public denials against allegations of entrapment begin: Megaupload’s Planted Evidence Allegations are Baseless, U.S. Says

IainB:
Arstechnica reports that, curiously, an NZ media network pulls 500 radio ads touting Dotcom's new Mega service.
The NZ Herald reports that Dotcom: Music label pressure led to cancelled advertisements.
If that was done by the media network under duress and at the behest of the RIAA members - e.g., under threats to pull RIAA members' and record label business from the network - then it could be a restrictive trade practice or a monopoly practice.
I'm not sure about NZ - which to some, by now, might look a bit like the lawless old Wild West (e.g., after the Dotcom raid, etc.) - but I would have thought that such practices would be illegal in many/most of the developed countries.

Elsewhere Arstechnica reports that, in what seems like almost opposite form to the NZ government/police/judiciary, the Canadians may be made of sterner stuff and have got some decent laws and the integrity to uphold them, despite pressure from the US authorities: US rebuffed in effort to get copies of Canadian Megaupload servers.

Renegade:
Iain, no offense but...

If that was done by the media network under duress and at the behest of the RIAA members - e.g., under threats to pull RIAA members' and record label business from the network - then it could be a restrictive trade practice or a monopoly practice.
-IainB (January 17, 2013, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, has webbed feet like duck, a broad bill like a duck, it's probably a <censored but rhymes with: /> duck.

Setting aside "rules of logic" and "proofs", common sense needs to prevail at some point. What is it likely? It's a <censored but rhymes with: /> duck.

I'm not sure about NZ - which to some, by now, might look a bit like the lawless old Wild West (e.g., after the Dotcom raid, etc.) - but I would have thought that such practices would be illegal in many/most of the developed countries.
-IainB (January 17, 2013, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are you confusing "developed" with "sane" or "just"? They're not the same.

Pure & simple. Dotcom is a female mallard. The NZ establishment is a male mallard. It's mating season. What happens? Yep. You guessed it.

At this point, you need to be completely <censored but unfortunately doesn't rhyme with: /> brain dead to think that Dotcom is not being purposefully persecuted.

BTW - Good article finds there! :D   :Thmbsup:

IainB:
@Renegade: Yes, the duck analogy occurred to me too, as I was writing the above.    ;)

Renegade:
@Renegade: Yes, the duck analogy occurred to me too, as I was writing the above.    ;)
-IainB (January 17, 2013, 08:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, sorry. I was just being stupid silly last night. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version