ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DOTCOM saga - updates

<< < (7/39) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Update via Slashdot:
-IainB (July 28, 2012, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Umm... Guilty until proven innocent?

I have a serious allergy to this stuff. Causes me to break out in fits of logic, reason, and obscenity.
-Renegade (July 28, 2012, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Very close to "Guilty, regardless of innocence". And down THAT road come some VERY scary things.

Renegade:
Very close to "Guilty, regardless of innocence". And down THAT road come some VERY scary things.
-TaoPhoenix (July 28, 2012, 09:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~!

+1

And very well put~! ;D

(Just for future reference, I think I just may steal that one! ;) )

IainB:
..."Guilty, regardless of innocence"...
--- End quote ---
Well, yes, that is rather what it looks like, but it might just be the symptomatic effects of something else - something causal.
Just as nasty pustules on the skin might look pretty bad, we now know you look for the underlying cause - it'll be (say) the smallpox virus, or something like that.
My reading between the lines in the Dotcom saga leads me to wonder whether the **AA are not - quite understandably - naturally and aggressively fighting to protect their very existence. Their existence would presumably depend on their business model continuing to be relevant and to operate lucratively.

Yet, apparently - according to Kim Dotcom and others - the implementation of the proposed Megabox business plan could make the **AA business model(s) - and the **AA corporate entities - not only irrelevant but also largely obsolete, and over a relatively short period of time too.

If you were a business under that kind of competitive threat (annihilation), and if you were a good psychopathic corporation, then there'd probably only be one option open to you: take them out - with prejudice - before they take you out.

Just supposing, if this were true, then any loss of legal rights or justice, etc. could thus arguably be just so much collateral damage. I would guess that no-one really is deliberately seeking to destroy these rights per se, but if they stand in the way as obstacles to the successful takedown of Dotcom, all their associates and especially of Megabox, then casualties they must be. Dotcom must be (already has been) made an example of, so that the market can be taught a lesson by the Big **AA.
Don't threaten our business model.
--- End quote ---

TaoPhoenix:
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~!

+1

And very well put~! ;D

(Just for future reference, I think I just may steal that one! ;) )
-Renegade (July 28, 2012, 10:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Of course you mean that you will be requesting a Copyright License from me, right?  :P

Renegade:
Of course you mean that you will be requesting a Copyright License from me, right?  :P
-TaoPhoenix (July 29, 2012, 08:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Arrr... That'd be a salty no thar~! :P Ask agin' an' you'll be singing with the mermaids~! :P :D

<takes pirate hat and eye-patch off - pets parrot for good measure />

In other news:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120731/03573919890/us-has-ignored-new-zealand-court-order-to-return-data-it-seized-megaupload.shtml

US Has Ignored New Zealand Court Order To Return Data It Seized From Megaupload

from the of-course dept

There are a bunch of moving pieces in the various Megaupload legal proceedings, but if you recall, in the ruling in late June from New Zealand's High Court, it was made clear that the New Zealand government and the US FBI broke the law in sending data from Megaupload's hard drives overseas, and ordered them returned. Megaupload's lawyer, Ira Rothken is out reminding the world that the US has failed to comply with the order to return the data that was illegally taken, and has shown no signs of planning to comply. Apparently, the Justice Department, who is supposed to be enforcing the rule of law, doesn't believe such rule of law applies to its own activities.
--- End quote ---

Glad that I'm not the only one that noticed that. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version