topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Best Vodka IMHO  (Read 10539 times)

Rover

• Master of Smilies
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Best Vodka IMHO
« on: June 27, 2012, 10:24 PM »
I've been a highly functioning alcoholic for about 4 months now.  I know it's bad, I also know that when I find my girl, I will become normal again.

In the mean time, if you are a social drinker and like vodka.  I've tried all of the "Top Shelf" vodkas, VOX, Grey Goose, Kettle One, Three Olives (2nd shelf IMHO) and Absolute (2nd shelf).  The good news about these is that you can find them in most American (or at least Ohio) bars.  Svedka (Vodka of the year in 2033) is my #1 by far.  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: 5x distilled and filtered.  Tastes great, extremely low hangover quotient and OMG Cheap!  USD @ 23.00 for a 1.5 liter bottle.  That's the big bottle for the uninitiated.  Normal bar bottles are 750ml.

Just thought I'd share.  ;)
Insert Brilliant Sig line here

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Best Vodka IMHO
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 03:20 AM »
Thanks for the tip :)

There was a mini vodka discussion a while back here (and the following couple of posts). 40hz recommended Chopin, I'm not a big vodka or spirit drinker so never got around to trying it. Svedka is much more affordable as well, IIR[price of Chopin]C.
Tom

a.ki

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 03:34 AM »
the best vodka is definitely "Beluga", "Parlament" is okay for partying and there's also a very, very finde Mongolian Vodka called "Mongol" - try, it's delicious and you don't even notice it's Vodka 'cause it's so soft!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: ;D 8) 8)

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 05:11 AM »
Polish Pure Spirit (160 Proof) - guaranteed for a night you'll never remember  :Thmbsup:

Use the Rectified Spirit if you want to get there faster  ;D

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 05:12 AM »
Well, if I might be so crass... Just bought 3 bottles of Schmirnoff. Far from Grey Goose and whatnot, but decently priced (here anyways). Some of the cheaper vodkas destroy your head in the morning. Schmirnoff seems pretty good at avoiding that. Far better priced than Absolut, which is very overrated anyways. (Still good, but not all THAT good.)

Still, I can't really afford to drink the way I'd like to... But then again, I think few people actually can~! ;D :P

I've been a highly functioning alcoholic for about 4 months now.  

Welcome to the club~! :P
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:05 AM »
Saw this and thought some people might like it:

Vodka.jpg

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 10:47 AM »
"Parlament" is okay for partying

funny I just saw that on offer in my local supermarket on friday for €10 euro or so. (I probably would never have noticed it only for your post.)
I dont party much any more so I passed :D
Tom

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 04:51 PM »
Found this yesterday. Not sure I'd use the expensive stuff for this but I suppose Schmirnoff is good enough. I also wouldn't use Skittles. I'd probably opt for Jelly Belly jellybeans. There are places where you can buy the single flavors by the pound....much better variety of flavors than Skittles.

Not sure why I keep thinking about the hot buttered popcorn flavored ones. Maybe because it would be really bizarre as a vodka flavor.  ;D

Tips where I found this says you should probably let it sit for a month instead of 1 or 2 days. They also said it would work with Mike & Ikes, which is where the Jelly Belly idea came from. They are all similar candies.

251809_428304290548366_1728029263_n.jpgBest Vodka IMHO

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 01:15 AM »
Vodka. Blergh. Some taste like nothing, some taste like the coat of your tongue after a long night. Vodka is for those who want to adulterate their good alcohol. I hate those people. They even drown good Czech beer in cheap coke.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 01:52 AM »
My fav. vodka is Vladivar Vodka vrom Varrington - because I always liked their amusing adverts.
Never actually drank the stuff though.    :huh:

Rover

• Master of Smilies
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 08:52 PM »
As a follow-up to my OP, due to (good) circumstances in my life, I will be de-classifying myself as an alcoholic.  8)

I've decided that I have relied on that particular crutch long enough and it's time to move on.  For the near term I will be 100% dry/sober. In the future I may drink a beer or 3, but I will not allow myself to become "rely" on it again.  I know why I did, I've made changes in my perspective and putting those into action.

For my fellow DC'ers who are not ready to make that change, I understand.  Please be careful and keep an eye on things.  I hear liver failure is a hell of a way to die.  :o

Wishing us all well ;)
Insert Brilliant Sig line here

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 09:48 PM »
I'm prob a few months behind you.

I took a break from being a teetotaler for a bunch of years, but pretty soon I should slow down too.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 07:15 AM »
Vodka. Blergh. Some taste like nothing, some taste like the coat of your tongue after a long night. Vodka is for those who want to adulterate their good alcohol. I hate those people. They even drown good Czech beer in cheap coke.

Spoken like a true non-alcoholic. ;) :P My condolences. ;D

As a follow-up to my OP, due to (good) circumstances in my life, I will be de-classifying myself as an alcoholic.  8)

I've decided that I have relied on that particular crutch long enough and it's time to move on.  For the near term I will be 100% dry/sober. In the future I may drink a beer or 3, but I will not allow myself to become "rely" on it again.  I know why I did, I've made changes in my perspective and putting those into action.

For my fellow DC'ers who are not ready to make that change, I understand.  Please be careful and keep an eye on things.  I hear liver failure is a hell of a way to die.  :o

Wishing us all well ;)

I've been sober for almost 2 weeks now. I hate it. Well, I take a day off from the torture of sobriety on the weekend... Still doesn't make up for the horrors of being exposed to reality for those extra hours all week.

Mind you, I'm still pissing like a racehorse at night as I just drink water, and tonnes of it. Freaky thing is I lose track of how much water I'm drinking much quicker. Go for a sip and I'm empty again! Much easier to keep track of booze in the glass. Or maybe I just have that much more practice there. :P

But, water isn't all that bad. Heck, fish feel comfortable having sex in it. Can't be all that bad, eh? ;D

I'm prob a few months behind you.

I took a break from being a teetotaler for a bunch of years, but pretty soon I should slow down too.

I have no intention of blindly stumbling into the darkness of pure sobriety! That's just suicidal~! :P Need some kind of medication to dull  reality so that it's tolerable. Then wake up with a freshly rejuvenated spirit, knowing that there is a God, and he loves us, as is proved by the existence of alcohol, marijuana, magic mushrooms, and a few other good things in life. ;D

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 03:20 AM »

http://www.huffingto...8.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

2012-11-07-ManlyVodka05634x951.jpgBest Vodka IMHO

2012-11-07-ManlyVodka02634x951.jpgBest Vodka IMHO

2012-11-07-ManlyVodka03634x951.jpgBest Vodka IMHO

2012-11-07-ManlyVodka01634x951.jpgBest Vodka IMHO

:P

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 05:08 PM »
  I don't think I could be an alcoholic if I tried.  Something about my body that just won't let me drink that much.  I'm a cheap drunk, I can drink two beers and get one hell of a buzz.   :o  After two or three beers, I'm ready to take a long nap.  Strange, because my dad was a serious alcoholic, which is how he died.  Apparently I didn't inherit the alcoholic gene, which is a good thing.
  Back when I was a teen I could drink more than I can now, and even then I could only drink heavily once every month or so.  After the hangover I couldn't stomach alcohol for over a month.

Soooooo, how do I get my jollies? 
Spoiler
I AIN't TELLING!!!   :P