ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for creating a new entry in the main contextual menu

<< < (3/6) > >>

Contro:
-I have no idea what a Notepad++ document is, other than a normal text file (for which I will use Ctrl+Shift+t).

-Curt (June 26, 2012, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have to revise the windows xp pro spanish version. Control+shift+T no interaction in the desktop.

:-[

Contro:
-I have no idea what a Notepad++ document is, other than a normal text file (for which I will use Ctrl+Shift+t).

-Curt (June 26, 2012, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

What do you mean ? I can't understand

AndyM:
Is it only a .txt file's context menu that you want to add something to?

If you don't need to automate this to do it often, in XP you can manually add an entry to a .txt file's main context menu thru the Folder Options, File Types tab

Contro:
Is it only a .txt file's context menu that you want to add something to?

If you don't need to automate this to do it often, in XP you can manually add an entry to a .txt file's main context menu thru the Folder Options, File Types tab
-AndyM (June 26, 2012, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't understand. What do you mean ?

Software for creating a new entry in the main contextual menu

I have a txt entry in Folder Option (Opciones de carpeta) - File Types (Tipos de archivo)

Best Regards

AndyM:
I'm still not sure what action you want to have happen when you click on your new context menu choice.

Be careful.  Probably worth backing up your registry (set a restore point at least) before doing this.  The context menu stuff is all saved in the registry.

Click on the 'TXT   Notepadd++Document' line in the window, then click the 'Advanced' button. If you highlight any of the 'Actions' and then click 'Edit', you will see how they are set up.  You can add one by clicking 'New' and filling in the blanks.  Here is where you'd have to define the action you are looking for, and to help with that you'd have to be clear about what you wanted.

It's possible all you want to do is modify the action taken when you select 'Edit' or 'Open' from your context menu.  In that case, simply edit the existing dialogs.

Be careful.  Backup first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version